Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyres

Trantorman

Nurburgring
Its that time again I have two of my fleet of wide body cars requiring replacement tyres.

So whats the current thinking on tyres, I have Pirelli Trofeo R tyres on the black Snake and there brilliant but not cheap!

What are you running?

I have michelin Pilot Sports on mine and was delighted the car came with a new set having had them on previous cars. Great tyres which have transformed every car I've had them on for the better.

Michelin Pilot Sport on both my Japanese daily driver and the 993. One happy camper! 8)

Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my 993, but you can't get these at all

:pc:

Are our 18"?

225/40 ZR18
265/35 ZR18

then you could consider the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 over the N rated options front and rear

or

225/40 ZR18
285/30 ZR18

then the rear choice is limited you are more limited to the current N rated limited spec tyres

Pirelli P Zero Rosso N4
Bridgestone Potenza S-02A N3
Continental ContiSportContact2 N2
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 N3

Trantorman said:
ours are:

285/30/18
and
225/40/18

How wide are your wheels ? 8.5J & 11J ? I've just acquired some 9.5J & 12J Cargraphics and sourcing tyres has been an utter pain - gone 245/35 & 305/30 in the end - although the 305/30 are yet to be delivered.

Tried many over the years and always come back to Michelins when replacing or renewing.
Quite impressed with my 18" Bridgestone S02A's though if you fancy an alternative.

C.

Mich PS2s on 18", Pirelli Sotto Zero on 17" for winter, which are magic.
I had Bridgestones on the 944 which were great in the dry but no so great in the wet.
944 on track I use Yokohama ADVAN NEOVA AD08R which are amazing wet or dry and wear rate is pretty good for a track day tyre.

Attachments

• wet_oulton_240.jpg
    wet_oulton_240.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 2,725
Mich PS2 N rated on 18's. Great tyres, only just on my second set, the first lasting a tad over 20k miles.
If you have plenty of time, there are many threads on here and elsewhere about the Ps2 N rated versus Ps4 non N rated debate! :lol:

Michelin PS2s. About to buy a set as mine are 3mm or below now, MyTyres are a little over £200 each fitted, CamSkill about £180 delivered (not fitted).

This has to be the best advert for Michelins ever? Tech 9 yesterday.

15x9tu.jpg

Have PS4s on mine which I think are sensational in the dry but I'm less impressed in heavy rain as I don't think they clear standing water adequately.

Wish they did Goodyear F1s in the size I need but sadly they dont as these are the best I have used in Scottish conditions

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back