Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fuel filling oddity

Ade_MK

Hi Everyone

After a busy first few weeks I've filled the car a few times and notice that when the pump cuts off the tank is very rarely completely full, usually about 3/4s to 7/8s.

I tend to monitor fuel consumption by resetting the trip counter for each tank but obviously this inconsistency makes this difficult.

On the plus side even with less fuel in I'm still seeing better mileage per fill that I did with my M3 so I'm very happy there.

But it'd be nice to be able to fill it completely consistently. I've search FAQs etc and couldn't find anything about this but an online search suggested filling with the pump handle twisted through to about 10'o'clock to prevent the early shut off.

I just thought I'd ask here before doing anything daft during my next trip to the petrol station.

Is this just a 911 thing or something peculiar with the 991/me/my local petrol station?

Ade

It could be an over sensitive pump because I've never had a problem fully filling the tank on mine. Perhaps try a different filling station?

Thanks for the reply. I'll try a different pump next time. I usually always end up at the same one at my local station by chance recently.

If it's the same i'll try a different station and see how i get on. :thumb:

Thanks again

Ade

Turn the nozzell upside down and it will fill to the top

Yes it is a 4.

I'll have a play with the nozzle position when i next fill up then just to be sure...

Thanks for the replies :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back