Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Arch Protection

willy

Monza
Chaps

I'm about to spend a few pennies having a rear arch repaired as the lip is bubbling and will only get worse.

Has anyone used anything to protect against this kind of damage ongoing? My experience here is limited to WaxOyl and\or grease in large quantities.

:?:

Have a look at Rustbusters website - they do a range of treatments that are consistently voted best in all the classic car tests. They're chassis paints come in different colours too so you could get one that matches yours closest

My approach to rust depends on whether the preventative measure is going to be visible. For visible panel repairs the only sure fire repair is to have it cut out.

For less visible areas like underbody and inner arches I'll grind it clean. Apply deox-c then hydrate 80. To prevent future rust I'll paint a 2 part epoxy (usually use stuff intended for steel hulled boats) then still do a stoneguard or more recently been using truck bed liner which is even tougher.

Was just going to say Ive seem people using that truck bed liner stuff. If Iever get round to mine getting done I'll probably use that, out of sight so I don't care as long as it doesn't the job.

Mine need some work as well. Decided to remove and treat what I can until I can get the whole car done as it needs bits all over.

It's good stuff. I used Upol raptor on my last project having used gravitex previously.

The epoxy I used as an under coat (jotumastic) is basically the same as the stuff now used on the forth road bridge. You can take a chisel to it and it won't leave a mark.

I'm at a similar stage as I want to do the chassis though I've waxoil to work through first. I'm planning on cleaning it off and get a good look at what's beneath. I want to paint it just to leave a tidy finish. Preferably not black so any other work will look good. All suspension bits will be blasted and painted at some stage when I rebush it.
I've no idea what products to use.
I have a few bubbles on 1 side so that'll need sorting but I might opt for a full respray when I get the funds together

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back