Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

When to buy winter tyres

demon

Nurburgring
i.e. is there any saving/benefit to buying mid summer and storing till winter or are you better just waiting until the start of winter when UK suppliers will have more stock....? has anyone ever really observed what the prices do?

I know I'll be fitting four new Pirelli Sottozero 3s in the coming winter because what I have on the winter wheels I just racked are a middle aged/old set of Falkens that I'm not particularly in love with (having recently become an N rating snob - as it seems to make at least some sense for spec, manufacturer endorsement > ongoing supply...?)

The best prices I've seen so far are Ebay from an Italian seller, which work out about £586 delivered.
- will this go up/down in the coming months given normal seasonality + the farce of Brexit?

I find its it a little cheaper in the summer months if your looking at 2nd hand wheel/tyres for winter. New I don't think there is much change.

It seems to more come from when people change cars so you could argue maybe March and September time might be best to get a deal if you go 2nd hand.

Putting 2nd hand wheels/tyres on a Porsche would make a mockery of being an N rated tyre snob. :grin:

I'll be looking to pick up some winter tyres for my 996 before next winter too, please let us know how you get on

I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on buying new now..... because it kind of works with also sending the summer set off for a refurb and I can cope with the price for a few years of brand new tyres for both seasons....

Will be the first time I've owned all new tyres I actually bought myself!
:eek:

If anyone's interested there could a pretty cheap set of Falken eurowinter tyres with good tread that could be collected from Diss mid May :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back