Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Subscription model for Limited number cars?

Was this written on April 1st?

;-)

That's the first thing I looked at, but no. Maybe it's the German sense of humour? :D

In theory I think it's an interesting idea.

I'm assuming that this would mean that new cars would be leased rather than being bought.

I'm sure that the usual suspects would still get first dibs but at least it would mean that when the next new toy arrives on the market they would pass it on to someone else.

It would take a lot of administering but might make sure that these wonderful cars are actually used and that ordinary genuine enthusiasts might eventually get a turn in 'owning' one.

I wonder how many people that currently claim to be 'Porsche enthusiasts' would bother signing up if it was actually going to cost them money rather than them making a big fat profit after their tenure. :?:

An intereting approach. Yet the supply issue is not universal.

Prior to moving to Kazakh I was in Kuwait. I had a couple of expat Porsche enthusiasts working for me. One pitched up one morning & said "went into Porsche at the weekend, got talking about new GT3s and they gave me a choice out of the 3 they had sitting there" He bought the red one.

He came in a couple of months later said they'd called him again & asked if he knew anyone that wanted a GT4 as they had one there they couldn't sell. One of the other guys in the office bought it.

Rob J said:

Prior to moving to Kazakh I was in Kuwait. I had a couple of expat Porsche enthusiasts working for me. One pitched up one morning & said "went into Porsche at the weekend, got talking about new GT3s and they gave me a choice out of the 3 they had sitting there" He bought the red one.

He came in a couple of months later said they'd called him again & asked if he knew anyone that wanted a GT4 as they had one there they couldn't sell. One of the other guys in the office bought it.

I think certain European countries have similar too. According to that Shmee150 bloke on that tube thing, he had no problems getting a slot for a 991.2 GT3 in Amsterdam.

This could be quite a clever idea. I suppose in theory the flippers will just move to a different brand that still sells instead of leases, and as a result that element of the market would be cut out. I doubt the dealer network would allow such a thing to happen though, they're quite corrupt from what I've read in the millions of threads out there on flipping (assuming those stories are true of course). Flipping will just be replaced by something new if the lease model is adopted. I see a lot of highly lucrative sub-leasing going on... regardless of that being against the terms of any main lease agreement

991.2GTS said:
Rob J said:

I think certain European countries have similar too. According to that Shmee150 bloke on that tube thing, he had no problems getting a slot for a 991.2 GT3 in Amsterdam.

This is true. I visited the OPC in Eindhoven last year and could have bought a GT3 Touring 'off the peg' or ordered a RHD car without a problem.

See -> http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=127325&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=eindhoven

T8 said:
991.2GTS said:
Rob J said:

This is true. I visited the OPC in Eindhoven last year and could have bought a GT3 Touring 'off the peg' or ordered a RHD car without a problem.

See -> http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=127325&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=eindhoven

Interesting thread, some great pics too. Love the 911T in the Martini racing livery.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back