Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally got myself into a 996

Marmoset

After lurking on here for a while I took the plunge on a 99 Carrera 4 last week. Picked it up on Saturday and ticked off a 30 year old ambition to get a 911.

Only issues so far is I'm getting a few rattles from the suspension which I suspect is ARB link and bush related, and also a big vibration from the rear wheels, tyres are nearly dead so I suspect it's a balance issue.

Here she is, black with a space grey interior, which I'd not seen before but really liked it.

Attachments

• d7ce5bd8_276c_4bb8_9621_c56b9ef1e9f6_147.jpeg
    d7ce5bd8_276c_4bb8_9621_c56b9ef1e9f6_147.jpeg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 2,594
Congrats. Looks really shiny. Enjoy

Don't get to close to it and it looks okay, it's peppered with stone chips though but it was bought to be driven so I'm not too fussed about that.

Congrats and we'll wear. There is plenty on here about suspension and tyres.i changed all my links and dampers last year. Kept it all standard. It completely transforms the feel of the car - not just from a rattle point of view, the ride is much more supple.

Congrats looks a nice car. I love cars that show they have been enjoyed

:welcome: to 911 ownership at last.

Looks great on those wheels. :thumb:

Don't see many in black. Looks superb.

MC

You're right, I was living down under when the thought entered my head that I may be able to get one when we came back to the UK. Hence the long time lurker status!

Marmoset said:
.... I was living down under when the thought entered my head that I may be able to get one when we came back to the UK.

Out of interest what would your car have cost you to buy in Australia. I've heard of them being ridiculously expensive :?:

Probably anything between 3 and 4 times what I paid for it over here, European cars are just expensive full stop in Oz.

It was also always cheaper to buy parts from Europe for the Landrover, despite paying £100 for postage. The upside being that a 30 minute job usually took that because there was no rusted up bolts etc.

I've never been that fussed about living in a sunny climate but that is certainly 1 massive attraction. Must be so good to work on a car without dealing with rust.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back