Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel bearing replacement

IanG1

Those who followed my exploits with the broken caliper bolt will now know I decided to swap out the hub. Replacement ordered from Ebay and it turns up but I can detect slight play in the bearing compared to the one I took off. Anybody point me in the direction of a decent guide to swapping out the bearing on a C2. I decided to change out the coffin arm as it looks the original on the car with no details of change in the history and you guessed it the eccentric bolt was siezed into the inner sleeve of the bush so spent a pleasant afternoon cutting it out without touching the subframe. Oh the joys of 20 year old 996's

There are notes on my project car thread about doing it. If you can get yourself and the parts to J26 M1 you can use my press, otherwise you can ship them to me and I will do it FOC.

MC

MisterCorn said:
There are notes on my project car thread about doing it. If you can get yourself and the parts to J26 M1 you can use my press, otherwise you can ship them to me and I will do it FOC.

MC

You sir are a gentlemen, I am only one junction away from you, Just waiting on the bearing to arrive and I will be in touch

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated,

Ian

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back