Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help required fitting cup shift cables

MisterCorn

I am fitting these to my shift mechanism, I need the cover piece, 996.424.901.90. This is no longer available from Porsche. It is a metal plate which stops the right hand side cable lifting out of the mechanism. Does anybody have one they could photograph and post a picture of to see what it should look like in detail?

MC

I'm pretty certain I have the actual part as i bought one from Porsche a few years back when I fitted a set of cup cables to my GT3. From memory you cannot fit the cover if you want to run the car with the centre console.

I'll dig it out of my "stock" over the few days and post it to you if you like?

I'm certain my solution to fixing the outer cable to the shifter was cable tie related.

After RXBoxster said they were available I have contacted my OPC who have tried to order one for me. I buy tons of stuff from they so they do what they can. If that fails I would appreciate you posting it if you have it. I am aware of the clearance issue but have been advised on how to mod it to make it fit.

Whether it ends up with a home made plate, plate from yourself, cable ties, or parts from OPC, I'll be sure to write it up as other have expressed an interest.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back