Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help - What Caliper is this?

Winny911

Hi guys

I need your help I have the some calipers on the rear or my split screen bus. I was told they are 944 rear calipers and IRS by the original builder of the bus but they look more like 928 rear calipers

Can anyone confirm from the attached photos?

Also what year are they?

Also does anyone know where I can get a good replacement set as I cannot find anywhere that sells them

Thanks in advance
Winny

Attachments

• img_3339_440.jpg
    img_3339_440.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,861
And another photo

Attachments

• img_3337_153.jpg
    img_3337_153.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,852
Dunno......but that's a Halfords frebbie screwdriver.

Attachments

• 01_start_with_wheel_off_480.jpg
    01_start_with_wheel_off_480.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,823
Thanks deMort - You really are the oracle of all thing Porsche.

I have been looking online but not found anything. I'm going to try and get a rebuild kit if I can but if all else fails it will be a new one as not worth messing about with a used one like you say probably worse than what I have.

@Alex yes I have a lot of Halfords kit and know the manager of my local branch so get extra discount on there tools

Cheers
Winny

Thanks deMort

Now I'm starting to wonder if the 928 calipers are the same as the early 944 calipers?

Winny

Ok the best i can find .. the 924 s and turbo are the same as a 928 .. there is no listing or anything i can find on that a standard 924 has a different caliper .

The design 911 site does not list it as a 924 / 928 caliper but i believe its the same part .. i think .. get the piston out , order the kit from ebay £20 repair kit and see if it fits .. its cheap and i think it will.

https://www.porscheshop.co.uk/caliper-left-rear-924-turbo-924s-944-944-s-928-928s-1977-1989.html

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod...&utm_source=adrac&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=

I think these are the same but different descriptions .

Who would have thought its so difficult to find a part .. sigh .. i can see your struggle .

Thank deMort

If you think finding the part is difficult you want to try changing a rear tyre

Because of the lowering and IRS conversion just getting the wheel off requires you to disconnect the lower damper mount and use a scissor jack to lower the hub enough to get the week out of the rear arch

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back