Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C2 Temperature Needle - HELP

iceboy

Nurburgring
Hi All,

Since I've been enjoy the 996.1 C2 as my daily, my temperature needle started stared playing up.

Yesterday it got stuck around the quarter mark and then when I turned the car off it moved around a bit and then got stuck at half way.

Today it is stuck at around maximum red area, which it now thinks is 0, so when the car warms up, it goes in to the fuel gauge!

When switched off just now, it is stuck in the red section, it does try and move about erratically to reset but it can't......it is really annoying.

Is there a fix, what is the problem? Is it the temperature sensor or something?

I have resorted to using the dash secret codes to read the temp when driving.....BTW normal driving the temperature is between 90-93...Which I think is OK right.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
IceBoy
:thumb:

I've not seen a temp gauge go wrong like this before but the readings from the a/c display seem to indicate its nothing to do with the temp sensor and is indeed a faulty gauge .. i'm sure there must be companies out there that can refurb the cluster as a new cluster is stupid money .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a1jgh
Back