Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Friends of Porsche garage

Mark.Morgan

Hi Forum,

I am new here, hi all.

I bought a car from the above garage, who else had any dealings with them?

Resaon I ask they sold me a Porsche with no v5 firstly, I know I should have run away.

The car is lovely so I bought it, when asked about the v5 off DVLA, they advised I contact seller. Friends of Porsche responded what do you want me to do?

The next issue once I had v5 and taxed car i took it to D9 in south Wales, D9 reported over filled with oil may need new Cats time will tell.

Friends of Porsche will not cover wear and tear items, I have done less than 300 miles and needed new track rod ends, is this normal eear and tear?

Any help with this greatly appreciated or who hashad dealing with friends of Porsche?

Sorry if this type of thing had been posted before.

Kind regards

Mark

...sorry to say that they appear to have form!

Hi

I may of forgot to mention my outlay on the Porsche so far is:

Track rod end and box
3 x exhaust manifold studs drilled and tapped
2 x interior plastic mirror cover (glued on)
1 x heater unit (buttons worn)
2 x radio buttons (buttons eorn)
1 x car inspection
1 x wiperblade adjusted
2 x front speakers (damaged - distorts)
2 x inner windows seals
1 x driver side exterior seal

When I bought the car I was informed it was mechanically sound.

Do you think me asking £500 towards these costs is unfair?

Kind regards

Mark

Are "Friends of Porsche" a broker or what is their role?

They aren`t the seller?

- How do they ask you to contact the seller for the V5? Didn't you complete the relevant section when paying and collecting the car?

Just googled friends of Porsche and found Friends Green Porsche. The reviews on this site don't read well.

Did you get a PPI carried out or what did you take mechanically sound to mean? The interior items on your list you could have seen for yourself so i wouldn`t bother with those. You could try for a contribution towards the track rod ends but I personally wouldn't bother.

What car did you buy? Pretty easy to argue wear and tear on a 2nd hand car.

Hi and welcome, looking at the list of things i think you would struggle with any trader to contribute to any of them never mind friends of green porsche, just get it sorted and enjoy the car :thumb:

Track rod ends are arguably an MOT fail so you could push for that, The other bits sadly are part and parcel of an older car.

Frankly if that's all the inspection found that's a good result!

When you say overfilled, did you check the dipstick (or dash indicator?). Unless it was smoking out of the exhausts the cats are unlikely to have been damaged.

As said above, enjoy the car! Any pics? Spec?

Hooner said:
friends of green porsche

Don't they like any other colour Porsche :dont know:

Does it have to be Green ones only :?

:bandit:

Mark.Morgan said:
Hi

I may of forgot to mention my outlay on the Porsche so far is:

Track rod end and box
3 x exhaust manifold studs drilled and tapped
2 x interior plastic mirror cover (glued on)
1 x heater unit (buttons worn)
2 x radio buttons (buttons eorn)
1 x car inspection
1 x wiperblade adjusted
2 x front speakers (damaged - distorts)
2 x inner windows seals
1 x driver side exterior seal

When I bought the car I was informed it was mechanically sound.

Do you think me asking £500 towards these costs is unfair?

Kind regards

Mark

who are Friends of Porsche garage ?
a url link would help.

Had you viewed the car before sale ?
How old is the car? as some of the items you have mentioned are minor issues that might be expected with a car of a certain age :?: that would not necessarily detract from the car being mechanical sound..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back