Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does the Stoplock Pro Elite fit a 991?

filb

Looking for a visual deterrent for my 991. Anyone got any recommendations? I was looking at the Stoplock Pro Elite. Any info appreciated. Thanks!

filb said:
Looking for a visual deterrent for my 991. Anyone got any recommendations? I was looking at the Stoplock Pro Elite. Any info appreciated. Thanks!

I am not familiar with the Elite, but the normal version I know has some security issues. As an alternative have a look at the Disklok (small version). Its a great visual deterrent and a very strong bit of kit. Make sure you get the sock/sleeve that goes with it to protect the wheel on application. Works great for me.

Jungle

I am not familiar with the Elite, but the normal version I know has some security issues. As an alternative have a look at the Disklok (small version). Its a great visual deterrent and a very strong bit of kit. Make sure you get the sock/sleeve that goes with it to protect the wheel on application. Works great for me.

The base model stop locks don't do well in tests but Pro and Pro Elite seem to do well - I seem to remember in a test last year in Autoexpress the stopLock just pipped the DiskLok .

Both I think are good deterrents, the ease of use - sold the StopLok for me,it being a more manageable bit of kit, I use it in a 997 daily and 996 before (have had one for 10 years) that its no chore to pop on even for the briefest stops. It also stores in the passenger footwell (without causing the passenger any issues) or behind the seats.

filb said:

I have a Stoplock Pro (not Elite) and that fits my 991.1 with Sport Design wheel BUT it requires some care fitting it, as it's a tight fit - so the Pro Elite, which features more of a bend in the 'arm' should fit easily.

Thankfully, unlike the more basic version, the back of the Pro/Elite locks and the part that fits around the rim of the wheel is smooth and shouldn't cause any problems with the leather.

According to what I've seen the Pro Elite is rated as a Thatcham Category 3 device and Sold Secure Automotive Gold.

Storage is a bit of an issue, as it's quite long and unless you wrap it in something the clamp rattles - which can be a bit annoying if it's in the car.

I do like the Disklok but it's the size and weight of it...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back