Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Number Plate Lights

Tombri

Nurburgring
Whilst changing my number plate bulbs to LED, I noticed that on one side I was missing one of the rubber 'jackets' that encompass the light fitting.

Since then the bulb which is not encased in the rubber jacket has blown due, I imagine, to the ingress of water and dirt.

I have tried to find these rubber 'jackets' on most of the advertised supplier's websites but to no avail.

Doe anyone know where they can be sourced? I don't know if they are the same as used in 996s.

I have thought of covering the light fitting with electrical tape but am concerned about how hot they may get... A blown bulb every now and again is probably better than a fire :?:

Have you tried your local OPC :dont know:

No Jonttt as I thought it would really p**s them off trying to explain this on the phone.
Going to one tomorrow for an MOT so will discuss with parts department either pre or post coffee and croissant.... :puh:

hmm... i think they are the same .. ill have a check to see what i can find.

The number plate light has the same part number so the rubber boot will be the same but its not listed as a seperate part .. my conclusion is its part of the rear end wiring harness .. PET may have a seperate number for it but thats back to the OPC to confirm im afraid , i dont have pet here :(

Thanks very much deMort.
You were quite right - the OPC found the item after looking at the wiring harness diagrams.
Appreciate your help. :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back