Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thinking about Remapping Porsche 997.2 Turbo s

azzyy

Hi Everyone,

So I have a 997.2 Turbo S and I have just had Europipe exhaust fitted and had air filter changed to high flow BMC filter

Couple of people have advised I should get the turbo reampped but I am in two minds.

Has anyone had their turbo S remapped? How much BHP do you have now? how does car drive since Remap?

I don't want to carry out any more upgrades just Remap.

Also, who should I go for Remap? The feedback on Forum about DMS is very negative, so I will stay away from DMS.

Thanks for your help

I would vote for 911E they are highly regarded when it comes to tuning Turbos.

Have had both on mine :eek: (997.1 Turbo though)

I much prefer the 9e map, the power feels much more linear. (Really does pull like a train.)

I have upgraded intercoolers, plenum, TB, Y-pipe, Kline headers and 100 cell exhaust.

Will you release much more without upgrading other components to help inlet or outlet tracts - I don't know :dont know:

azzyy said:
Hi Everyone,

So I have a 997.2 Turbo S and I have just had Europipe exhaust fitted and had air filter changed to high flow BMC filter

Couple of people have advised I should get the turbo reampped but I am in two minds.

Has anyone had their turbo S remapped? How much BHP do you have now? how does car drive since Remap?

Also, who should I go for Remap? The feedback on Forum about DMS is very negative, so I will stay away from DMS.

Thanks for your help

9e. Without question.

With an exhaust system and IPD intake plenum they can easily thump another 100hp+ on, with a safe map. Safe being the key word here- which is why I recommend 9e.

I had mine done nearly 3 years ago and it's simply sublime. You already have the GT2RS intercoolers which are more than adequate for circa 100hp gains. But everyone seems to be going for the do88?? jobs now.

If you decide to go 9e, Ken will talk you through it all in a very understandable manner. Do it, you won't regret it

:thumbs:

I also did not want any more upgrades than the remap. I have used EVOMSit by Sharkwerks. It is reversible and can be done at home via a PC. The results are superb. Alex at Sharkwerks is a great guy.The acceleration is more linear and there is no lag since the remap, 60 HP power gain, I believe. Sharkwerks have an excellent reputation and I was not disappointed.

azzyy said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your help

Another vote for 9e, can't go wrong there.

ES Motors all day long.... Google them...builders of the fastest 911's

baldguy said:

:weed:

baldguy said:

I have a friend that used them and was not happy at all. Job took way longer than estimated and total bill was double the original quote. He felt like his pants had been pulled down.
If it were my car I would go with 9E

chaser said:
baldguy said:

I have a friend that used them and was not happy at all. Job took way longer than estimated and total bill was double the original quote. He felt like his pants had been pulled down.
If it were my car I would go with 9E

Interesting to hear that, that's the first negative comments I have heard about ES.

Mine had work done by ES before I bought it, so I cannot comment directly, but know that the previous owner was extremely happy with them. I have spoken with ES a couple of times and they have been super friendly/ helpful.

If I wanted more work done I would get them to do it, but if honest 650WHP is plenty for me currently.

OP, I would speak with both 9E and ES and make a decision from there :thumb:

997.2 Turbo S not fast enough.....

Mmm - wondering where you live than you can actually drive anything quicker than that

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back