Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 13
997 : 2004- 76
996 : 1997-2005 30
993 : 1993-1998 4
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 14
Cayman : 2005- 17
Cayenne : 2003- 3
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 2
912-914-924-928-944-968 2
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
DucatiRob
Albert Park


Joined: 22 Jul 2015
Posts: 1740
Location: Milton Keynes

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s a personal things, but I prefer the grillle to sit back a little deeper, behind the intake frames, if you take the bumper off, it’s a really easy job to make your own with some aluminium mesh!
_________________
Present
Carrera C2S Manual-Full Hartech Rebuild
Mercedes CLK DD
Ducati 996
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
John H
Nürburgring


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 426
Location: Cheshire

2011 Porsche 997 Carrera GTS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FZP wrote:
John H wrote:
Welcome to the GTS 'Clan'... Cheers

I also have Zunsport grills fitted which are fine - my only other 'mod' is the SherkWerks exhaust centre muffler by-pass which really is a must to get the sound to match the performance.

BTW - if you bought from OPC Chester, are you based in Cheshire? If so we could arrange a meet-up to discuss our cars?

John
Why don't you both jump over to the monthly meet in Wilmslow on the 23rd. We've got a special guest visiting from the South. Maldren is coming up whilst attending other business. A few of us are hanging around for lunch too if that's of interest. Just a thought Thumb


I'd no idea there was a monthly meeting in Wilmslow?
Please give me the details - I'd be really keen to join in - thanks...
_________________
"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
FZP
Paul Ricard


Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Posts: 3359
Location: Cheshire


PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John H wrote:
FZP wrote:
John H wrote:
Welcome to the GTS 'Clan'... Cheers

I also have Zunsport grills fitted which are fine - my only other 'mod' is the SherkWerks exhaust centre muffler by-pass which really is a must to get the sound to match the performance.

BTW - if you bought from OPC Chester, are you based in Cheshire? If so we could arrange a meet-up to discuss our cars?

John
Why don't you both jump over to the monthly meet in Wilmslow on the 23rd. We've got a special guest visiting from the South. Maldren is coming up whilst attending other business. A few of us are hanging around for lunch too if that's of interest. Just a thought Thumb


I'd no idea there was a monthly meeting in Wilmslow?
Please give me the details - I'd be really keen to join in - thanks...

Here you go
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=132172
We've been meeting here since Feb last year. Hopefully see you on the 23rd.
Normally we meet on the first Sat of every month, but with the RS Day at Oulton Park, we pushed it back.
_________________
997.2 Carrera 2S GT Silver/Cocoa.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
John H
Nürburgring


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 426
Location: Cheshire

2011 Porsche 997 Carrera GTS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FZP wrote:
John H wrote:
FZP wrote:
John H wrote:
Welcome to the GTS 'Clan'... Cheers

I also have Zunsport grills fitted which are fine - my only other 'mod' is the SherkWerks exhaust centre muffler by-pass which really is a must to get the sound to match the performance.

BTW - if you bought from OPC Chester, are you based in Cheshire? If so we could arrange a meet-up to discuss our cars?

John
Why don't you both jump over to the monthly meet in Wilmslow on the 23rd. We've got a special guest visiting from the South. Maldren is coming up whilst attending other business. A few of us are hanging around for lunch too if that's of interest. Just a thought Thumb


I'd no idea there was a monthly meeting in Wilmslow?
Please give me the details - I'd be really keen to join in - thanks...

Here you go
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=132172
We've been meeting here since Feb last year. Hopefully see you on the 23rd.
Normally we meet on the first Sat of every month, but with the RS Day at Oulton Park, we pushed it back.


Many thanks - I'll do my best to get there... Thumb
I will be having a late night on the Friday, so not sure I'll be able to make it for 10.30am - how long will you be staying there for?
_________________
"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
AMS911
Newbie


Joined: 28 Jan 2019
Posts: 15



PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John H wrote:
Welcome to the GTS 'Clan'... Cheers

I also have Zunsport grills fitted which are fine - my only other 'mod' is the SherkWerks exhaust centre muffler by-pass which really is a must to get the sound to match the performance.

BTW - if you bought from OPC Chester, are you based in Cheshire? If so we could arrange a meet-up to discuss our cars?


Hi John, thanks Thumb

A heads up on where I could get the sharkwerks fitted? I've searched around and not found many places regarding price and installation?

I'm actually based in London, so if you are ever down this way do let me know, I made the nice long journey up to Chester as they had the car in the right spec and a decent price after a few months of searching around.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
AMS911
Newbie


Joined: 28 Jan 2019
Posts: 15



PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FZP wrote:
John H wrote:
Welcome to the GTS 'Clan'... Cheers

I also have Zunsport grills fitted which are fine - my only other 'mod' is the SherkWerks exhaust centre muffler by-pass which really is a must to get the sound to match the performance.

BTW - if you bought from OPC Chester, are you based in Cheshire? If so we could arrange a meet-up to discuss our cars?

John
Why don't you both jump over to the monthly meet in Wilmslow on the 23rd. We've got a special guest visiting from the South. Maldren is coming up whilst attending other business. A few of us are hanging around for lunch too if that's of interest. Just a thought Thumb


Thanks for the invite FZP, unfortunately can't make the 23rd due to business. However potentially the next one once you guys have a date. I'll keep an eye out. Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
FZP
Paul Ricard


Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Posts: 3359
Location: Cheshire


PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John H wrote:
FZP wrote:
John H wrote:
FZP wrote:
John H wrote:
Welcome to the GTS 'Clan'... Cheers

I also have Zunsport grills fitted which are fine - my only other 'mod' is the SherkWerks exhaust centre muffler by-pass which really is a must to get the sound to match the performance.

BTW - if you bought from OPC Chester, are you based in Cheshire? If so we could arrange a meet-up to discuss our cars?

John
Why don't you both jump over to the monthly meet in Wilmslow on the 23rd. We've got a special guest visiting from the South. Maldren is coming up whilst attending other business. A few of us are hanging around for lunch too if that's of interest. Just a thought Thumb


I'd no idea there was a monthly meeting in Wilmslow?
Please give me the details - I'd be really keen to join in - thanks...

Here you go
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=132172
We've been meeting here since Feb last year. Hopefully see you on the 23rd.
Normally we meet on the first Sat of every month, but with the RS Day at Oulton Park, we pushed it back.


Many thanks - I'll do my best to get there... Thumb
I will be having a late night on the Friday, so not sure I'll be able to make it for 10.30am - how long will you be staying there for?

Hi John
We normally lurk around until 1iah, but a few of us are going to be having a lunch as well so it will be a bit longer. As the weather improves we seem to loiter longer and longer. Grin Maldren is coming up from down south to join us for this one, so another new face would be most welcome
_________________
997.2 Carrera 2S GT Silver/Cocoa.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
FZP
Paul Ricard


Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Posts: 3359
Location: Cheshire


PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMS911 wrote:
FZP wrote:
John H wrote:
Welcome to the GTS 'Clan'... Cheers

I also have Zunsport grills fitted which are fine - my only other 'mod' is the SherkWerks exhaust centre muffler by-pass which really is a must to get the sound to match the performance.

BTW - if you bought from OPC Chester, are you based in Cheshire? If so we could arrange a meet-up to discuss our cars?

John
Why don't you both jump over to the monthly meet in Wilmslow on the 23rd. We've got a special guest visiting from the South. Maldren is coming up whilst attending other business. A few of us are hanging around for lunch too if that's of interest. Just a thought Thumb


Thanks for the invite FZP, unfortunately can't make the 23rd due to business. However potentially the next one once you guys have a date. I'll keep an eye out. Thumb

Its a long way to come. If you have a look in the meets section, you'll see other meets down south. Is like to try and get to s southern meet which coincides with a visit to London myself, so hopefully see you at one of those.
_________________
997.2 Carrera 2S GT Silver/Cocoa.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 15192
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank , I do think a few of you Oooop Norf geezers should plan to do Simply Porsche and come have a ruby the night before in Bournemouth then the convoy to the showand make a weekend of it . Thumb Thumb
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
FZP
Paul Ricard


Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Posts: 3359
Location: Cheshire


PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a grand idea Phil, I'll raise it as an action item on Saturday.
_________________
997.2 Carrera 2S GT Silver/Cocoa.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Hamster75
Monza


Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Posts: 232
Location: Chester


PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely GTS, I was at Chester buying a 991.1 when you collected your car, see you on the 23rd if your going.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 15192
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FZP wrote:
That is a grand idea Phil, I'll raise it as an action item on Saturday.


Nice convoy down to Bournemouth would be a good weekend mate .the ruby the night before is always a laugh Thumb try our special Dorset carrot and turnip tikka masala Floor
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
FZP
Paul Ricard


Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Posts: 3359
Location: Cheshire


PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
FZP wrote:
That is a grand idea Phil, I'll raise it as an action item on Saturday.


Nice convoy down to Bournemouth would be a good weekend mate .the ruby the night before is always a laugh Thumb try our special Dorset carrot and turnip tikka masala Floor

I hope the Ruby is a strip club and Carrot, Turnip,Tikka and Masala are their top 4 dancers Bandit
_________________
997.2 Carrera 2S GT Silver/Cocoa.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Long Beach


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 6456
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FZP wrote:
I hope the Ruby is a strip club and Carrot, Turnip,Tikka and Masala are their top 4 dancers Bandit


Agree


Floor
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
John H
Nürburgring


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 426
Location: Cheshire

2011 Porsche 997 Carrera GTS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMS911 wrote:
John H wrote:
Welcome to the GTS 'Clan'... Cheers

I also have Zunsport grills fitted which are fine - my only other 'mod' is the SherkWerks exhaust centre muffler by-pass which really is a must to get the sound to match the performance.

BTW - if you bought from OPC Chester, are you based in Cheshire? If so we could arrange a meet-up to discuss our cars?


Hi John, thanks Thumb

A heads up on where I could get the sharkwerks fitted? I've searched around and not found many places regarding price and installation?

I'm actually based in London, so if you are ever down this way do let me know, I made the nice long journey up to Chester as they had the car in the right spec and a decent price after a few months of searching around.


I had my SharkWerks fitted at ABP Motorsport by Chris Meredith who is a member here...

Website - http://www.abpmotorsport.co.uk

Give him a ring - he'll probably know of somewhere nearer for you.. bye
_________________
"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
isysman
Zolder


Joined: 22 Apr 2011
Posts: 5803
Location: Cheshire


PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GTS is a great car. Congrats.

I think the grills look ok on the black car.
_________________
911 GT2RS Build & 981 Boxster S
Sold ~ 987 Boxster S 3.4, 997.1 3.8 Cab, 987 3.2 Boxster S, 986 Boxster 2.5

 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum