Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Passenger door sometimes doesn't open

tedzwedz

Hi

My passenger door doesn't always open when i open the car with the remote.

Normally i have to lock the car again a few times and open or try to open front he inside etc.

Any clues?

Dodgy solenoid?

I've just had ignition key thing replaced which was causing electrical gremlins so I had hoped this was linked but obviously not!

Best Edward

Its more than likely going to be the lock mechanism ..

Try spraying the hell out of the door catch with lubricant and then open / close the door many times ..

Its about all you can try other than removing the lock and seeing if its sticking or just plan had it .

deMort said:
Its more than likely going to be the lock mechanism ..

Try spraying the hell out of the door catch with lubricant and then open / close the door many times ..

Its about all you can try other than removing the lock and seeing if its sticking or just plan had it .

So you dont think an electrical gremlin? Interesting, i assumed so!

Best Edward

Its possible .. but that would indicate a broken wire or a high resistance in the wires ..

The alarm CU under the passenger seat controls the central locking .. these are prone to water leaks being so low down .. on a cab then it would be the first thing to look at .. But ..

You get many other faults with this type of thing so i discounted it .

A wire break / resistance .. it would be more of a permanent thing so from your desription i also discounted it .

Software fault .. again unlikely and nothing you could actually do about it ... i discounted this as well.

To actually prove its a wiring fault or not you would remove the door card , check the wiring diagram , see which wires actually operate it then check to see if you had voltage at said pins to prove it one way or the other ..

Im happy to check a diagram for you if needed and explain what to do .

The lock might stick or it might be the motor inside thats failing if you have voltage at the wires but a non operateing lock.

Over all i looked at what you said , considered what you can do and boiled it down to a straight forward answer .

Thats the longer version :D

Spray it with lub .. work it a lot then see if it helps .

deMort said:
Its possible .. but that would indicate a broken wire or a high resistance in the wires ..

The alarm CU under the passenger seat controls the central locking .. these are prone to water leaks being so low down .. on a cab then it would be the first thing to look at .. But ..

You get many other faults with this type of thing so i discounted it .

A wire break / resistance .. it would be more of a permanent thing so from your desription i also discounted it .

Software fault .. again unlikely and nothing you could actually do about it ... i discounted this as well.

To actually prove its a wiring fault or not you would remove the door card , check the wiring diagram , see which wires actually operate it then check to see if you had voltage at said pins to prove it one way or the other ..

Im happy to check a diagram for you if needed and explain what to do .

The lock might stick or it might be the motor inside thats failing if you have voltage at the wires but a non operateing lock.

Over all i looked at what you said , considered what you can do and boiled it down to a straight forward answer .

Thats the longer version :D

Thank you very much, good answer! I will try the oil first then go from there, thank you!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back