Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WO53 GUC anyone know this 996 GT3?

toddy2

Nurburgring
Evening All,
By any chance does anyone know about a 996 GT3 reg WO53 GUC, that's going to auction next week? I'm thinking of having a look....

Stay away, it is really bad news......:eek:

It is not the same car that was for sale (SOR) at a prestigious dealership last year, but when it didn't sell, the owner traded it in instead.

And I didn't speak with the place it was for sale at, who didn't tell me it was a really nice car, and I don't have the full spec and a number of lovely photos of it.

That's a different car altogether, and I am definitely not planning to be at the auction on Tuesday bidding on it ..... NOT AT ALL :hand:

1st link is a damaged repaired car, 2nd is a club sport (so more valuable).

I think the auction car should be early to mid £50s + £2k buyers fees

It didn't sell last year at early £60s, lot of interest at late £50s, but I think the mkt has cooled a little since.

vroomvroom said:
Stay away, it is really bad news......:eek:

It is not the same car that was for sale (SOR) at a prestigious dealership last year, but when it didn't sell, the owner traded it in instead.

And I didn't speak with the place it was for sale at, who didn't tell me it was a really nice car, and I don't have the full spec and a number of lovely photos of it.

That's a different car altogether, and I am definitely not planning to be at the auction on Tuesday bidding on it ..... NOT AT ALL :hand:

I'll try not and bid you up too much :mrgreen: There's a nice looking 997 turbo going through at the same time.

Don't suppose anyone knows how much the 996 GT2 went for a couple of weeks ago?

toddy2 said:
I'll try not and bid you up too much :mrgreen: There's a nice looking 997 turbo going through at the same time.

Here is the ad for the Gt3 from last year, I spoke with the garage, they said it was a lovely car, might have needed a clutch soonish.

https://www.autostoresales.co.uk/porsche996gt3comfort

With regards the GT2 (996 black?) there is a long thread on Piston Heads about it, its been through BCA at least 5 times in the past year. I was out for lunch today with its first owner (Appollo), he really rated the car (however he owned it well over a decade ago), within the first few months of his ownership he blew the engine up (so it has a replacement engine fitted).

Once again (like the GT3 ) the GT2 was considered good enough to have been on the forecourt of a respected dealership earlier last year.

Some suggest the best bid on it to date has been £75k others suggest £120k ???

I appreciate the info👍

vroomvroom said:
toddy2 said:

Here is the ad for the Gt3 from last year, I spoke with the garage, they said it was a lovely car, might have needed a clutch soonish.

https://www.autostoresales.co.uk/porsche996gt3comfort

With regards the GT2 (996 black?) there is a long thread on Piston Heads about it, its been through BCA at least 5 times in the past year. I was out for lunch today with its first owner (Appollo), he really rated the car (however he owned it well over a decade ago), within the first few months of his ownership he blew the engine up (so it has a replacement engine fitted).

Once again (like the GT3 ) the GT2 was considered good enough to have been on the forecourt of a respected dealership earlier last year.

Some suggest the best bid on it to date has been £75k others suggest £120k ???

They started the bidding at £75k in the Hall. Not a single bid in person or online... £120k to buy-it-as-seen at BCA would never happen... not in a million years...

Cheburator said:
They started the bidding at £75k in the Hall. Not a single bid in person or online... £120k to buy-it-as-seen at BCA would never happen... not in a million years...

Good to know - thanks

vroomvroom said:
1st link is a damaged repaired car,

Not the best repair either by the look of it. Panel gaps around n/s wings are off, miles out between wing and sill. Torx bolts holding wing on under the bonnet are a different colour to the wing indicating the wing is not original paint.

Did the car mentioned in the first post go to auction today then?

Any takers?

I'm watching most of the GT3s on the market at the minute and it's very stagnant.
Not talking it down at all, I have my budget and I'll buy the car I deem best value.

I'm just going to watch for a month or two and see what cars shift and what ones don't. None are moving at the moment and thanks to Y2K above having searched and bought his GR996.2 last year he has all the info on what cars have been up for how long etc. It's actually quite eye opening as a buyer to see how long some of them have been up for. 18 months to 2 years isn't uncommon. :eek:

987 Spyder is still a close second choice for me as it's £15k less outlay and a good sense of occasion with them.

Marky911 said:
Did the car mentioned in the first post go to auction today then?

Any takers?
No, it's now listed with BCA at £55k buy it now.

Attachments

• wo53guc_645.png
    wo53guc_645.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 6,941

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back