Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine bay pad trim

andyobro

Spa-Francorchamps
Been thinking about getting one of those expensive padkeeper things to tidy up the saggy pad, I couldn't bring myself to spend the money, so did this instead for £8.

Trying to add more photos but forum is crap on my phone :-(

See my Instagram for more details including a diagram with dimensions.

www.instagram.com/993andy

Attachments

• img_20190307_004224_536_823.jpg
    img_20190307_004224_536_823.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 2,379
Nice job andyabro :thumb:

I bought mine from Germany and it cost €60 plus €20 shipping to Spain. Looks tidy now but yours looks pretty much the same and at £8 a real bargain.

ATB :)

Attachments

• after_1_982.jpg
    after_1_982.jpg
    724.3 KB · Views: 2,352
decgraham said:
Hi andyobro,

I bought mine from a woman called Elvira Nehring ([email protected]) and to the best of my knowledge she is still in business. I know there was another company doing them which is mentioned on this thread :

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=112206&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Any way, as I said you've done a good job on yours :thumb:

Elvira is the wife of the guy that past away :-(

I tried to contact http://www.kunststofftechnik-buehler.de/ a few months ago but got no response, I decided the Germans are ignoring us because of Brexit (you can see there point :) )

Ah thanks for the update, I didn't realise she was the wife. Only one thing left to do then....you need to start making them. :thumb:

Nah the Germans love us :D

Sad to hear he passed away, I got mine off him about 4 years ago, RIP. Great work andyobro :worship: .

I have one too that I bought off someone on here. i think they did two types, one in plastic and one in carbon fibre? Mine is a plastic one. They do a great job too.

I have David Etter's Pad Keeper. Great product, and very quick to install.
Cheers,
Tore

Thanks for this. Another project that needs doing and it should be within my limited abilities

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back