Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4s Engine lids are fibreglass as standard??? True or False?

Menace

Hockenheim
Hi all,

Was told today that all 996 C4s Engine covers were made from Fibreglass as standard?

Can anyone confirm this please?

Regards

Vinny

The used OEM one that I bought for my car is. The part number on it is per the EPC so I expect any of that part number and therefore all the original ones are fiberglass too

Correct.

Interesting, I had to have (very mild, but definitely there) rust attended to on my deck-lid when I had the car resprayed, so making the unit out of something that doesn't rust and is lighter makes sense.

One further question, Are the engine lids are essential the same between narrow body and c4s, one would fit the other the only difference is one is fibreglass with the red plastic reflector the other is metal with no reflector?

Wow, didn't know this, does it apply to turbo too?
Everydays a school day ! :grin:

Mine was a question not a statement!

Seen a narrow body with a turbo engine lid fitted so I assume they are all interchangeable??

Don't know if turbo lids are metal or fibreglass..

Hi,

So, No. the Engine lids between widebody and narrow are not interchangeable.

Anything can be done with fabrication but they are actually different sizes.

C4S are fibreglass and narrow body metal. Can't confirn Turbo Engine lids.

You can get a Turbo style spoiler that is specially made to fit the narrow body.

Someone has one for sale approx £1200 at the moment. Quite rare as they are double that new.

Definitely great to finally learn something new with Porsche's.

Regards

Vinny

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back