Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 20" Wheels ?

villaman

Monza
Quick question.....

Can the gen 1 997 C2 accommodate 20" inch wheels ?

I think it could, but you might not want to.

By the looks of your pic that you posted, the car appears to be lowered. It has a great stance as is. Some anecdotal evidence that the ride isn't as good as suspension is set up for 18/19 wheel sizes

FZP said:
By the looks of your pic that you posted, the car appears to be lowered. It has a great stance as is. Some anecdotal evidence that the ride isn't as good as suspension is set up for 18/19 wheel sizes

Thank you FZP & MaxA.

I've been offered some 20" turbo II's at a really good price..but from my research...whilst technically possible...the consensus does indeed appear to be why would you risk the handling characteristics of this great car..

I'll give these a pass.

Thanks again

Agreed, there are a few on here running 20" on a 997 and they seem happy with them, but from what I have learnt 18" is the best ride 19" is the best compromise of look v ride quality 20" is a hard ride. :thumb:

villaman said:
I've been offered some 20" turbo II's at a really good price..

Turbo 2 wheels are 19" :judge:

These may be Panamera/Cayenne wheels :dont know:

:thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Agreed, there are a few on here running 20" on a 997 and they seem happy with them, but from what I have learnt 18" is the best ride 19" is the best compromise of look v ride quality 20" is a hard ride. :thumb:

+1, also factor in the additional weight penalty and increase in rotational mass. The handling wont be the same.

But still fine for pootling around town etc.

Agrred

Shame really as they were a great price with tyres but I want to try to keep it OEM looking

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back