Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Black 2002 996.2 C2 - Daily Driver

TurboRob

Hi all, intro post from me and my 996.2 which I picked-up last weekend from a user on here.

Car is a 2002 C2, bought on 146,500 miles but with a lot of love and attention from it's previous owners including a Hartech rebuild at 58k miles, full M030 kit at 106k miles and loads of other bits and bobs that only the true enthusiastic owner does! (Gearbox oil changes, ignition coils, 997 shortshift, wheels recently refurbed, etc)

The previous owner also fitted 997 sports seats and the car is a non-sunroofer - perfect combo for me as I'm tall.

Plan is to drive, maintain and enjoy. For the past 7 years my daily drivers have been two e39 M5s - the first I took to 213k miles, the second (which I still have) is on 170k miles and in the middle of a major bodywork refresh (new sills, respray, brake lines, etc etc).

Anyway, the 996!

When I viewed her two weeks ago:

AAXfVyK.jpg

s7E7QJP.jpg

Filling-up with fuel last Sunday having just collected:

Gzszagf.jpg

And today giving her an oil change with a Porsche (Hengst) filter and Millers 10w50 which the previous owner very kindly supplied with the car:

rivSrto.jpg

C4BjlwH.jpg

Thanks to this for community for all the useful info I gleaned when I was looking for/viewing 996s and MASSIVE thanks to the previous owner Tom for a very pleasant, honest and enjoyable purchase - the car is great!

Stay tuned...

Cheers,
Rob

:welcome: to 911 ownership Rob,

Your car looks stunning when as clean as that.

Looking forward to hearing of your smiles as you pile on the miles. :D

Welcome along Rob!

Classic black on black. Lovely.
It'll be great to see you pile on the miles. A great way to do it too. :thumb:

Welcome Rob, many happy miles ahead :thumb:

Nice write up. Great looking car. :welcome:

Welcome along. Perfect TLC applied.

:thumb:

One month in and 1100 miles completed already - 700 of those in the past week on a trip round the UK to various parts of the family and a few days R&R in the lakes.

First part of the trip was to see my parents in Lincolnshire. My Dad has a lift in his workshop so opportunity to have a good look-see and check underneath.

Up on hoist, wheels off

Y72fzT8.jpg

Undertrays off showing nothing to worry about - all lovely and dry and rust free. A couple of removable brackets to take off and replace or recoat at some point this summer (ones under fuel tank, coil pack covers, etc)

Vn6du5i.jpg

xPPDl41.jpg

OVdhdyf.jpg

The weather was surprisingly pleasant so part two of the roadtrip meant going up the coast into Yorkshire with a few stops along the way to see the beaches/dunes.

Xmrgult.jpg

4pDn6TR.jpg

Then a few nights in the Lakes. Check out that sunset! (Porsche is parked down to the left, trust me...)

LRcLYJj.jpg

Trip-end - 683 miles and a scarcely believable 29mpg.

zj5KlWG.jpg

Onwards and upwards!

nice car and sounds like a right bargain

they look good in black with those wheels. enjoy!!

Thanks guys for the positive responses.

Great day of 996'ness today:

Started with a trip down to Marlow (couple of hrs round trip) to meet with a friend for brunch. He's a jammy ***** and drives this:

fwqrXrj.jpg

Lovely car. And put the current state of the 996 to shame (note in above pic the accumulated dirt, muck and bird crap from last weeks roadtrip). So upon travelling back home I arranged to stop in and see a mate of mine - one I'm fortunate enough to know is OCD for car cleanliness/detailing. Unfortunately though he also likes to whip his top off at the first sign of any sun - and it was lovely and sunny today - but he's massive, so someone else can take that up with him.

This is his Subaru which he cherishes:

mIzXuM0.jpg

After finishing that, we set about the 996. Firstly by jacking up and getting on stands so we could clean out the wheelarches, suspension and back of wheels. I'm not usually one for doing this, but it does allow a thorough check of all bits and pieces once they've been decaked of all he crud. Plus it is kind of cool.

2NVtZ54.jpg

Rear wheelarches before:

2IuLUeI.jpg

Forgot to get an after. Front before though (showing how mucky the side of the car is, that gets sorted in a bit):

r6SJ2IW.jpg

During:

YmCXsQ8.jpg

After :D :

5zVVosc.jpg

Then all dried off, wheels on and back down on the ground for a thorough wash:

K0lxcYy.jpg

We then polished the car with a machine polisher and loads of various jungle juices and pads he had, as there was a fair bit of swirling/marring from 17 years of life. No pics as I was busy doing my bit! Fast forward 4 hrs and it was time for wax (yes T-shirt back on - it was early evening now):

l6NbHmn.jpg

And a last final shot I grabbed as the light was going. Impressed with how 147k mile paint comes up - they were obviously very well finished when new.

HuKM44E.jpg

Much indebted to my topless comrade for his help!

Cheers,
Rob

That looks lovely, your mate has done a cracking job on it.
I have a very similar one to yourself, have a set of those wheels but currently it on Fuchs.
I bought a DA a while back and had a go with it last weekend (just the roof tho) it does make easy work of it 😊

Attachments

• 2d4d7442_cf69_40ea_9a93_75080aad00dd_193.jpeg
    2d4d7442_cf69_40ea_9a93_75080aad00dd_193.jpeg
    504.5 KB · Views: 19,452
abcarrera said:
That looks lovely, your mate has done a cracking job on it.

It was a team effort!

Cheeky pic of the car in the evening sun earlier this week as I left work. Looks great.

zv4mfF5.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back