Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacement Pads for 718 GTS - A bit wooden

GT3GT3

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi all ,

Having had my new 718 Cayman GTS for about 2 months now they have not got any better. I noticed it straight out of the showroom that they felt a bit wooden and presumed they needed running in. Done about a thousand miles now and a couple of trackdays but they still feel wooden. I`m looking at the possibility of swapping the OEM pads out for something with a bit more feeling.

Are the goto pads still RS 29`s or has the market moved on and favours something else ? Car is just a toy with a couple of trackdays thrown in .......

Cheers

If you want to keep stock discs then I have pads that we have been testing for 18 months that transform the braking - they are race pads but with minimal noise (which you can modulate). We have several versions. They are not on our website yet but will soon. These pads make pagid look like chocolate.

If you want a complete set up the replace the discs with girodiscs. Our shop car is currently running this all round now, and I really have to think about not braking too hard now to avoid hitting the windscreen :D

Give me a call or shoot me a mail.

Ken

996ttalot said:
If you want to keep stock discs then I have pads that we have been testing for 18 months that transform the braking - they are race pads but with minimal noise (which you can modulate). We have several versions. They are not on our website yet but will soon. These pads make pagid look like chocolate.

If you want a complete set up the replace the discs with girodiscs. Our shop car is currently running this all round now, and I really have to think about not braking too hard now to avoid hitting the windscreen :D

Give me a call or shoot me a mail.

Ken

Now that's more like it :thumb:

I'll give you a bell next week .... Cheers Ken

Just to finish up the thread with a result - Raybestos ST45 pads will replace the OEM ones all round and if that doesn't solve the issue the next step will be a Girodisc BBK with same pads. Hopefully the pad swap will eliminate the wooden feeling.

Thanks Ken for your time chatting on the phone and discussing all the options :thumbs:

I have PCCBs on my 718 and find them to be amazing. I have since driven a 718 on standard brakes and they no where near as sharp. As with all porsche brakes do you find they are there but just need to stamp harder than most cars?

I took my 996 out the other day. Really felt like the brakes were broken having been using my 718 so much.

Also just to add I think Ken has spent some time finding that solution. No doubt he would not want you giving away all his secrets!

911tom said:
Also just to add I think Ken has spent some time finding that solution. No doubt he would not want you giving away all his secrets!

Probably best he stops advertising them on his website then :roll:

The pads supplied are actually the ST43 flavour and they have been fitted for a couple of weeks now. Did an initial bit of installation mileage , all slow speed , stop start etc. Then completed the simple bedding in procedure. I could tell right from the off they were far better in feel than the OEM pads.

Had a decent run out a few days ago and they perform very well. Exactly what I was looking for in initial pedal feel and retardation. Also easy to modulate , not that much noisier than std and dust wise , probably the same.

I nice little upgrade. Cheers Ken :thumbs:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back