Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Considering this C4S

Marc_3600

Anyone know this car at all?

I have been to view it, and can't really find any faults with it, but I know it's been on the market for over a year, and thats the niggle that I keep wondering why?

Keep telling myself its the interior colour people don't like, but still would think it would have sold before now, with the sheer amount of preventative maintenance thats been carried out.

I am in the process of pricing up a retrim in the event that I did buy it. I don't hate the colour, but not a massive fan either.

https://www.autostoresales.co.uk/porsche996c4s7

It's definitely worth making an offer on.

Lapis is lovely but the savannah will put most buyers off - especially those ruffled leather seats.

Black seats and steering wheel would make a big difference.

Good Luck :thumb:

ps. That "with Turbo values still rising" comment is well out of date.

I think it looks a good car from the pics. Interior is a bit marmite but you'll probably have to compromise on something. The blue and non sunroof are a big plus.

Mine has the grey interior which I like - I find the black interiors a bit opressive albeit those are what everyone prefers.

Ian

I made an offer on this at the end of last year but we couldn't agree on a price. Does seem to be a lovely car but the colour combo wasn't perfect for me and I picked up a polar silver C4S with nicer (for me) spec privately not long after....

On the face of it it seems well priced from a decent vendor with good provenance.

At a guess it's the ruffled leather that's putting people off, possibly the colour too although I like it.

The IMS bearing is a mixed blessing but the boroscope (especially if they can supply you with evidence) is a bonus.

Personally it's the fact that the right hand side wheels are on backwards that puts me off! But that's the case with all C4S...

If you want a C4S it looks good in the general market.

I really like the colour both in and out. Looks like a stunning car :thumb:

I like the colour too, but that car has been on sale for at least 18 months. Was going to look at it last summer in May but found something else to check out. Take that to mean whatever you like, but if it was a good one, it would have gone by now.

It's a buyers' market. Agree a price you're happy with subject to PPI.
If dealer won't play ball, walk, there are plenty more.

Thank you for your responses. I'm still considering my options.

Seen Marky911's 996 C2 for sale this morning, and that very much ticks all the boxes I am looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back