Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear spoiler grill - 9935125870001C - advice on refurb or ne

Fulla

Sao Paulo
Hi All,

My car had a refurb inside and out and Gtech detail so it look's lovely. But...I didn't get a new spoiler grill and I noticed in the recent good weather it does look old compared to the rest of the car.
Can anyone offer any advice on how I can potentially refurb it or where the best place to buy a new replacement would be. I have noted that on a quick search they seem to be very pricey..

I have just invested in some https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/megu...noo7psXOIkMVTLN4CpkydEVqJgnF_hqhoCH0AQAvD_BwE

I bulked at the price, but now I have it I'm extremely happy. Its water based so you can water it down depending the shine level you want. I think the 5 liters will last me a few years and the results are amazing on everything I have used it on. It really seems to get into the plastic and nourish, not just a surface treatment. It can be used on all plastics including interior and tires.

People will tell you that the results obtained from black plastic restorer are no good. They're wrong. Before you buy a new one, try to clean/restore.

1) Give it a proper clean with stiff brush/soap/water.
2) Buy a decent quality black plastic treatment.
3) Read the instructions.
4) No, really, read the instructions.
5) Follow the instructions.

You'll be amazed with the results.

Attachments

• 41h4cfiqdwl_366.jpg
    41h4cfiqdwl_366.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 3,110
Tobesetc said:
People will tell you that the results obtained from black plastic restorer are no good. They're wrong. Before you buy a new one, try to clean/restore.

1) Give it a proper clean with stiff brush/soap/water.
2) Buy a decent quality black plastic treatment.
3) Read the instructions.
4) No, really, read the instructions.
5) Follow the instructions.

You'll be amazed with the results.

Ok worth a try...do I really have to read the instructions though?

Let me think... :?:

Yes, RTFM!

:thumb:

Tobesetc said:
Let me think... :?:

Yes, RTFM!

:thumb:
Epic :floor:

jonttt said:

I'm with jonttt on this one, colour coding looks great (although I didn't do it myself).

s61yEbr.jpg

I was looking at mine the other day and whilst trim restorer is effective, I think I may go down the painted route but keep it black as I like the contrast against the paint/body colour.

C.

cableguy said:
I was looking at mine the other day and whilst trim restorer is effective, I think I may go down the painted route but keep it black as I like the contrast against the paint/body colour.

C.

Gloss black looks real nice on bits like this, I agree :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back