Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne transfer box issue

S14

Trainee
Hi all my 958 cayenne has developed the transfer box issue with jerky gear change etc. Car is 2015 with 42k. Full porsche history but out of warranty unfortunately. Haven't contacted porsche but can't see them contributing to repair! ??

Anyways anyone know any reputable independents who can carry out this job?

Thanks

Where abouts are you? Just had mine done at 34k miles via warranty

Just to add I'd defo contact Porsche for a goodwill payment as long as its got full OPC hstory.. its a known fault... I think its a circa 3k bill if needs to be paid

Before you panic, try a transfer case fluid change using Ravenol TF-0870 x 2 litres.

It's a very straight forward DIY and there is a very good 'How To' over on the Rennlist Forum. Just don't overtighten the filler and drainage plugs!

My 958 was displaying these symptoms and a change of fluid with Ravenol completely cured the problem!

At that age and mileage the Consumer Rights Act 2015 might help.

MC

Thanks guys. Might get in touch with porsche to see if they can goodwill any part!

Pops said:
Before you panic, try a transfer case fluid change using Ravenol TF-0870 x 2 litres.

It's a very straight forward DIY and there is a very good 'How To' over on the Rennlist Forum. Just don't overtighten the filler and drainage plugs!

My 958 was displaying these symptoms and a change of fluid with Ravenol completely cured the problem!

Cheers! Where can I get the fluid from? Thanks

S14 said:
Pops said:

Cheers! Where can I get the fluid from? Thanks

https://www.ravenol-direct.uk/

Can i just say after reading the pm,s .. get a fault code check done .. lets see if there are any codes stored in the dme .. misfire for example .

Transfer box kinda gives a lack of power .. poor gear changes .. in extremes it will jam and you wont be moving .

Usual check .. disconnect the dam thing and drive it .. is it different ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back