Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

apple carplay in a mk2 cayenne turbo ?

moss

Hockenheim
after many years owning a 911, then and 5 mk1 cayennes ! ive jumped to a mk2 turbo 4.8 v8, what a beast, different drive to the mk1 4.5 turbo in my opinion, lovely car, ticks all the boxes... just the sterio still leaves a lot to be desired, mines a 2007 , with sat nav, cd and phone if you use your own sim in car, im after a system that will do dab, sat nav and phone, preferable a apple carplay system , what do people have in theres ?
thanks

[/img]

Hi, very nice car. I have Cayenne envy! I am running a Kenwood DDX9717BTS which I bought from here including the harness for the MOST adaptor and the fascia surround. I had a Kenwood unit in my old car and was impressed so opted for them again. Sound quality is good and it's a very easy system to use and navigate.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/hea...tphone-control-bluetooth-carplay-android-auto

We run both iphones and android in the family so wanted a head unit that could do Apple Carplay and Android Auto. Works well with both phones. I looked at this and a couple of Kenwood mechless units as I really only use Spotify so the DVD player and CD are wasted on me but I thought the DVD might come in handy for the future if I wanted to send a signal to the rear of the car. In hindsight I wish I'd have gone for this one as it has DAB. The 9717 only has FM and AM and the reception isn't great running the existing car aerial (the PCM2.1 worked fine with the aerial).

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/hea...ndroid-auto-apple-carplay-bluetooth-dab-radio

ragpicker said:
FIVE 955's!?

You must really love the Cayenne?

I'm becoming a big fan too with my 4.5 turbo. I absolutely love it. How come you had 5 then, whats the story?

:thumb:

well im a car nut, but also self employed, so when the vat return used to come due id panick, sell the car, regret it, pay the vat, then buy another lol.. ive gone through many many cars, i like to try different ones, last year was the C63 AMG , beut of a car, but biggest downfall was rear wheel drive, its a widow maker, RS6 avant, loved it, but need the ££ .. im now in a position to be able to keep my paws on this one, im not vat registered anymore so all is sweet.. this ones by far the best cayenne ive owned to date, the 4.8 is more repsonsive on the turbos than the 4.5. im toying with getting it remapped , but at 500bhp std do i really need to !!

but the radio is a big bug bear to me, im going to investigate the two reccomened by the helpful guy on the post..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back