Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

At last, I''ve joined the club!!

gilford

Spa-Francorchamps
Been searching since August and FINALLY picked up a stunning 991 C4s yesterday :worship:

It's been a long search with plenty of ups and downs (including a purchase and a blown PDK box) but I got there in the end, a special thank you to Mark @ Stirling's PORSCHE for all his help over the past few months :bye:

Haven't had a 911 for a decade and have to say I'm glad I'm back in one, such a special car.

:envy: but congratulations. :thumb:

Looking forward to drooling over pics*.

* EDIT: Especially as I've read on another thread that yours is Agate.

Thanks, I'm over the moon with it!

Dealer pic below, will post proper ones when I get it ceramic coated :lol:

:thumbs:

I hadn't heard of 'Baytree Cars' until last week when they had a beautiful Aqua Blue C2S on Autotrader. It sold in 2 days, before I could get as far as doing the man-maths to justify increasing my budget by £8k.

Looks like they get some good stock.

What were they like to deal with. :?:

I bought the car privately, he bought it from Baytree hence the pic.

The aqua blue C2s belonged to the guy I bought this from, it was part exed for the C4s and then obviously sold and bought back in to stock.

The guy I bought this from had nothing but good things to say about them, I think they do a lot of SOR though as my car still has OPC warranty on it and we all know that's not transferable when the car goes in to the trade.

I upped my budget in the end, too many high miles cars out there and not enough decent examples, this has only covered 13k and is like new.

Hopefully the release of the 992 will bring some fresh stock for you to choose from!

:congrats:

Looks like someone is :envy:

:grin:

I am too :mrgreen:

gilford said:
I bought the car privately

I upped my budget in the end, too many high miles cars out there and not enough decent examples, this has only covered 13k and is like new.

Hopefully the release of the 992 will bring some fresh stock for you to choose from!

Lets hope so, my budget has crept up sharply over the past 2 weeks searching through the classifieds. Have been looking at 991.1 C4S 2013-2015 cars and now starting to look at either end of the range from 991.1 C2S 2012-2015 through to the newer early 991.2 cars late 2015-2017. Prices vary dramatically based on colour combos, gearbox, spec, and mileage, let alone 2S vs 4S cars. Thats without throwing GTS and the newer T models into the mix..To a newbie its a bit of a minefield.

Still on the hunt....
Jungle

Jungle650 said:
Lets hope so, my budget has crept up sharply over the past 2 weeks searching through the classifieds. Have been looking at 991.1 C4S 2013-2015 cars and now starting to look at either end of the range from 991.1 C2S 2012-2015 through to the newer early 991.2 cars late 2015-2017. Prices vary dramatically based on colour combos, gearbox, spec, and mileage, let alone 2S vs 4S cars. Thats without throwing GTS and the newer T models into the mix

........ To a newbie its a bit of a minefield.

I'm not sure it is :dont know:

Most newbies, or indeed most people in the market for a specific model, have a fairly narrow budget spread.

In the 991 market I would say that £45k - £55k gets you a good selection of early 3.4 2wd cars. £50k - £60k would get you into an early '2S' or a '4'.

Beyond that £45k - £60k spread it would normally be a completely different buyer and you'd certainly need £60k+ to get you a choice of 4S cars.

I do agree with everything else you've said though. Within all the price bands I stated mileage, history, colour combo and spec can all cause a significant variance in asking price.

Happy Hunting :thumb:

Would you go for a 991.2 though?

Yes they have more torque but the 3.8 engine is sublime! I could of got a very early 16 plate 2s 991.2 but would much prefer the 3.8 engine.

I also wanted the wide bodied C4s, when I started looking in August my initial budget was £65k and a 2s as I thought the 4s was out of my reach, I didn't need to up the budget by much to get one and so glad I did what with all the wet weather we get here in Wales.

There are some nice GTS's for mid £70k's albeit with relatively high miles, stunning car but again I like the safety of the 4WD.

Just make sure you get OPC warranty, the C4s I bought over Christmas had only covered just over 14k miles and the PDK box went on the way to delivering the car to me! £15k to repair! So glad it didn't make it to me and happened in my ownership.

Good luck on the hunt.

gilford said:

I don't think most will go for a 991.2 in time. The 991.1 TURBO (the real full-fat ones) are not much more expensive than a 991.2 turbo lite / Carrera plus (not being funny just to differentiate them). The turbo lite might become a bit forgotten as the rational being if you want a turbo car then the FF model makes sense, and for not much more money it really makes sense. There also appear to be a lot more of the FF turbos than on previous generations

anyone wanting a newer NA Porsche when moving from a 996/997 either has to go 991.1 or GT. nice choice to have :thumb:

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Disclaimer: the above is written in a beer garden and I've been here a bit :cheers:

gilford said:

Yes they have more torque but the 3.8 engine is sublime! I could of got a very early 16 plate 2s 991.2 but would much prefer the 3.8 engine.

I also wanted the wide bodied C4s, when I started looking in August my initial budget was £65k and a 2s as I thought the 4s was out of my reach, I didn't need to up the budget by much to get one and so glad I did what with all the wet weather we get here in Wales.

There are some nice GTS's for mid £70k's albeit with relatively high miles, stunning car but again I like the safety of the 4WD.

Just make sure you get OPC warranty, the C4s I bought over Christmas had only covered just over 14k miles and the PDK box went on the way to delivering the car to me! £15k to repair! So glad it didn't make it to me and happened in my ownership.

Good luck on the hunt.

The 3.8 is amazing, in X51 guise it turns mega amazing. Personally despite the brilliance of the 991.2, wouldn't be for me, 'last of the Naturally Aspirated" is king 🤴

G2 said:
Disclaimer: the above is written in a beer garden and I've been here a bit :cheers:

What you on :dont know:

Get me a Peroni :drink:

Cooking lager :thumb: it's a bit cold to be honest, but I'm sure some on here would have shorts on :?:

Nice one 8)

I'd just spotted your post on TZ before seeing it on here too! :thumb:

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back