Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front coolant pipes

rob_p

Suzuka
Morning all
I need to get the front coolant pipes replaced.
Any idea what I should expect to pay for this job and is there any ambiguity as to what needs to be done.
I have been quoted "around £600" from one garage and another who has said they will do "everything" at a cost of £850.
In neither case does this include the pipe at the rear which requires an engine drop - that was done when the engine was Hartech'd.
Sorry for some ambiguity - I'm not expert on the 997 cooling system but I know the coolant pipes are a pretty standard long term maintenance item.

Thanks in advance
Rob

Rob, I think it's hard to say without knowing the condition of the pipes, and how easy they come apart. (Often they don't of course!)

I'd say as long as you use a trusted Indy you'll not get ripped off, but if you want a hard quote before the work is done it'll be on a worst case, highest cost basis I think.

If you are talking the entire front cooling section includeing brackets / bolts etc then we are in the region of £1100 .

This is to replace every pipe to the mid section of the car .. a subframe drop .

The brackets will be seized and need to be cut off , the bolts seize in the subframe .

Its not a difficult job as such but for any quote then it all depends on how much thay are replaceing .

Center coolant pipes would be extra to this job but IMHO very rarely needed .

Rear pipes and as you say its an engine drop to replace .

Sometimes its a single rubber pipe leaking at the front .. i have been lucky in the past with getting these out .. but its hit and miss .. if it doesnt come out then its a much bigger job as above .

Down south and the labour rate wil be higher .. we are £85 +vat per hour .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back