Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Targa windscreen replacement

cbriggs1978

Trainee
Evening, it looks like I will have to bite the bullet and get my windscreen changed on my 2002 Targa as the chip (that has been previously repaired) has a crack propogating from it - 3mm at the moment but I am sure will grow.

Any pitfalls I need to be wary of - or just ring the Insurance and not worry? Is it a model specific screen or same as a convertible or coupe?

Thanks

I got mine replaced a few years ago but I don't remember if it was the same as Coupe or not?

I just rang my local windscreen place, told them my insurer and explained that I wanted an experienced (at Porsche) fitter and they fitted a genuine screen for me too.

Make sure they know the gps antenna is fitted to the scuttle panel n/s/f .. so many of these guys pull it off then realise there is a wire there .. it WILL break it .. you WILL need a new wiring cable and a gps antenna .

Most common cause of nav failure .. ive just had a windscreen fitted and ..

Only applicable if you have nav though .

Thanks, the car has nav but I have put in single din aftermarket so I could do the centre console delete but I will point it out as it may get put back to original by a future owner! Thanks for the tip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baltic928GT
Back