Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne dipped beam question.

Porkaholic

O.K. so I've a 2017 model year Cayenne S which is great apart from just one thing. When the headlights are dipped I'm still getting flashed by oncoming traffic, even stuff I'm approaching from behind. I couldn't adjust them myself so took into proper Porsche dealer who checked them out and said they were fine. Still have the problem!
My question is has anyone else had this problem, are the lights supposed to be like this? It's good people are seeing me but obviously they are irritated by
their brightness. I did notice on the M5 the other night another Cayenne coming in the opposite direction, wasn't difficult as its lights were noticeably bright and although dipped looked a bit marginal on the scale of dippiness if that's a word.
Can anyone throw any light on the subject please before I go back to Porsche or let the front tyres down!

All you can do is get the lvl checked .. if the garage says its ok then it is ok .

I will say .. im a biker and i see many cars with the " white " light and they blind me .. its not an adjustment .. its just they are very bright .

If you really wanted to be pedantic then have them adjusted slightly lower than normal .

Its also this time of year .. more of us are driving in the dark so its more obvious .. at least i see it a lot more on my journeys atm .

Thanks deMort agreed they are just silly bright which is great on full beam or for lamping but annoying for others when on dipped.
I'm reasonably confident they are set up correctly within the perameters of what's compliant but may get them over adjusted if I get too much more flashing from others.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back