Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre question (991)

Not good with wheels and tyres...

So I have wheel sizes (991.1 C2S)

(991.362.161.04) 8.5 J x 20 ET 51

and (991.362.166.04) 11 J x 20 ET 70

Need to be N rated for warranty. So Looking at the above can anyone confirm that I'm restricted to the dreaded P Zeros only? There's more choice of tyre for front axle, but only one for rear axle

Or will a 305/30/ZR20 fit an 11J x20?

So I have the yellow highlighted wheels, would the green highlighted tyres fit and is the list up to date :dont know:

Porsche have only recommended the 305 on the wider rim, certainly since the 997. Plenty say they have fitted them with no problems.

Seems odd to want N rated but fit a non-standard size.

Magic919 said:
Porsche have only recommended the 305 on the wider rim, certainly since the 997. Plenty say they have fitted them with no problems.

Lol not really as I currently have the Sport techno's which are proper minging (but bizarlly sit on 305's on the 2S, which look incredible width wise on the standard body).

As the only N rated for the narrower rim are Pirelli's (great skis in anything other than dry weather!) I'm loathed to have to pay for a new set for the new Carrera S alloys just purchased, when they are Michelin priced, the Michelin 4S would be the preference.

Need the N rated for the warranty but presumably on an OPC inspection they will pick out the wrong size tyre anyway :roll: :?:

Are P zeros really that bad? They are the standard tyre on my Boxster and thus far I've no complaints. But not a 911, so probably not comparable!

Are P zeros really that bad? They are the standard tyre on my Boxster and thus far I've no complaints. But not a 911, so probably not comparable!

spongebob squarepants said:
Need the N rated for the warranty but presumably on an OPC inspection they will pick out the wrong size tyre anyway :roll: :?:

www.willtheyfit.com

Magic919 said:

Lol not really as I currently have the Sport techno's which are proper minging (but bizarlly sit on 305's on the 2S, which look incredible width wise on the standard body).

As the only N rated for the narrower rim are Pirelli's (great skis in anything other than dry weather!) I'm loathed to have to pay for a new set for the new Carrera S alloys just purchased, when they are Michelin priced, the Michelin 4S would be the preference.

Maybe it would be a good idea to check with an OPC to be on the safe side......you know how pedantic they can be.........changing a set of Bosch wiper blades is not quite the same as a whole set of tyres. :eek:

I have 305 on a 997.2 and agree they look better than the 295s. It'll only make a difference at warranty renewal time.

I'd be loath to fit Pirelli, but not loathed.

Gents thanks for the replies, very useful (even the grammar correction) and nice website will they fit.com, up there with whendidliverpoollastwintheleague.

Probably not much point asking the OPC question, as the answer will inevitably be a 'no" I'm sure. But easy solution, smash the existing pirelllis onto the new wheels for now see how the 305's look, give the OPC inspection a try, then fit the Michelin's.

Might be just me but the Pirelli's seem awful in anything other than perfect dry conditions, compared with the Michelin's which also seem to just last forever? Could also be just Herman yellows immense power :worship:

Magic919 said:

Oh I really like the Sport Technos - which were my preference when I was looking for a car - but I ended up with the Sport Classics. Not a bad compromise I think - but I would have liked the 305 section rears!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back