Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Shock absorbers help!

Richtw

Monza
I am looking to swap out my front shocks as driver side is getting towards end of life!

C4S with PASM - shocks are available from Porsche at about £400 each. Are the Bilstein B4's oem? My main reason for asking is that I have a DSC fitted and don't want to start frigging about with maps so ideally want a shock with exactly the same reaponse as oem!

Anyone been here before?

Dampers

I'm in the same position, also with a PASM C4S with the DSC kit.

I ordered (and paid for) some B4's in August, but just cancelled my order after another delay to delivery. B6's remain an option, or back to Porsche for some originals.

Mine were tested at CG coupe of years ago and were fine, but they've done another 10,000 miles since then, plus I have Eibachs to go on - when the car comes back from Hartech.....

I thought that may be the case..... porsche it is then...... they have them in stock in the UK!

i just checked with Euro car parts for you and they can have the Bilsteins to them within 5-7 days and then shipped priority out to you, but checking the prices if Porsche are saying a PASM shock is only £400 i think this will work out cheaper

Richtw said:
I am looking to swap out my front shocks as driver side is getting towards end of life!

C4S with PASM - shocks are available from Porsche at about £400 each. Are the Bilstein B4's oem? My main reason for asking is that I have a DSC fitted and don't want to start frigging about with maps so ideally want a shock with exactly the same reaponse as oem!

Anyone been here before?

Hi What mileage have you put on the car for the suspension to be coming to end og life or is it due t a fault or just age etc.

Ta
Glen

Why not go for B6? For the price porsche are selling, add on a couple hundred and go better !!! Thats my next upgrade !!!

J

Car has done 54k. But what I don't know is if it has hit a pothole or something in its life. It's not dead - I'm just a bit ocd! Replaced the windscreen wiper arms today - that's how sad I am ;)

B6's are great if you can actually get them!!

-- 997 -- said:
Why not go for B6? For the price porsche are selling, add on a couple hundred and go better !!! Thats my next upgrade !!!

J

This is what I've just done - B6s plus eibach lowering springs all set up by Centre Gravity :thumb:

davidjf7 said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

This is what I've just done - B6s plus eibach lowering springs all set up by Centre Gravity :thumb:

How much did you pay for the B6's, how long did you have to wait to get them?

Richtw said:
davidjf7 said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

How much did you pay for the B6's, how long did you have to wait to get them?

Sorry for the delay!

£1,539 from Design 911 - think they came in a couple of days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back