Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help, flat battery can''t open bonnet or engine lid.

MMT

Porsche 996 C4 1999
Battery is totally dead. I can open the drivers door but both levers seem to be locked down. Ive checked in the fuse box and there's no pull out jumper point.
The locking wheel nut is in the front with the jack too.
Is there a manual pull cable somewhere?
Is it possible to charge through the cigarette lighter socket?
How do I get it open.
Help muchly appreciated.

Wonderful, thank you.
Managed to hook the engine lid release cable from under the rear light and open the engine lid.
On charge now.

I also managed to open the frunk with a flat battery by removing the 3 plastic caps from the bonnet and frunk release plastic and used a 5 mm allen key to loosen the 3 nuts. Then turn the unit upside down and pull back the frunk release lever locking mechanism and you can pull the leaver to get into the frunk and the battery to jump it or charge. Obviously you need to be able to open the drivers door for this method and it needs to be the pre electric leavers but may help someone in the future too if they find this thread in a panic!

Just realised that method is contained within the link too :pc:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back