Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 rear side window rattling noise at speeds >80mph

kokis

C2 GTS is just 3 months old with 3000 Kms. I am facing a terrible and very annoying rattling noise from rear passenger side window. Noise exists only at speeds above 130-140Kms and it is definitely related to the wind and not vibration. I took car to dealer and they insist noise/rattle is related to wind and most probably to a defective window rubber. They also recommend not to try and fix it as it is not a straight forward procedure to remove all trims especially B pillar, window, etc that might cause other noises, rattles, etc. Ive placed a seal rubber around the window but didn't help, noise still there. Any suggestions? Thanks and excuses for my Greek-lish!!!

Ok .. so you have a problem with a brand new car .. they have said the seal is probably at fault but they dont want to do it because its difficult :eek:

Erm .. another OPC or customer services and complain .. pretty awfull service from what i understand from your post .

New cars do have faults .. thats what warranty is for .. i spent 10 years fixing things like this but i can honestly say i have never not repaired an item because it might cause other issues .. it WAS MY JOB to fix these issues .

Im actually getting a bit annoyed at reading this atm , the attitude of this OPC sucks ... if it was me i would kinda start shouting that there is a problem so fix it or you can give me my money back !

Best if i dont continue :)

Customer service phone number is either in your plethora of paper work or you can just ask the OPC for the phone number .

Porsche mechanic for 15 years .. over 10 at an OPC .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back