Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Tip Gear Shifter

H0ME

Trainee
I simply cannot bring myself to spend £170 on the oem shifter I need to replace the worn leather on mine. My local trimmer will not replace the leather as said the finish will not stick? Has anyone had the leather replaced on one of these knobs? Recommend?

Also, looking on eBay etc this 964/993 knobs are very very rare. But there are a number of 968 items - they look very similar. Would they fit? Any experience?

Thanks as always.

TBH you should try going to another trimmer, this sort of work should be easy peasy for a professional trimmer.
There used to be a supplier that would sell you a replacement leather part for tips in any colour but I can't for the life of me find it now.
There is currently one for sale on eBay.
I used to find that some things for these cars were very reasonably priced, but others very expensive. I think these fall in to the later.
Good luck.

Might be able to help you out, sent a PM.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back