Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 Carrera T tuned by 9e

GT3ZZZ

I picked up a delivery miles 991.2 Carrera T late last year with an idea that it would be a great platform to modify. Out of the box, the 3.0L engine is hobbled at 370 PS so it doesn't step on more expensive models' toes.

So last week I took the plunge and took it to 9e for tuning with custom maps and a full Kline inconel exhaust including headers. Picked it up from 9e today. What a car!

It now makes around 550PS and is completely transformed from the one I dropped off last week. It feels like it has the pace of a turbo S but its much more engaging than my old 991.2 turbo S with a manual box in a narrow bodied lightweight RWD car. And it sounds fantastic.

Pulls in 2nd and 3rd gear are insane and all the way up in 7th there's loads of torque so I found I wasn't needing to change down to take advantage of gaps in the traffic. The turbos on the T are very small but you wouldn't know it. Probably helps it drive more like a NA car as there's almost no lag.

As to warranty, I don't really care :) It has a boggo 3.0L Carrera engine, it's not an exotic V12. If it goes pop it can get replaced or rebuilt for a few months worth of McLaren depreciation :) And anyway I'd trust Ken to stand behind his work and sort it.

I'm now going to drive it for a bit and enjoy (it's my daily). Fuller write up to follow with some more miles.

Fantastic result, and now a rather unique proposition. GT3 Touring with more poke :thumb:

Brilliant, enjoy :thumbs:

Took mine to 9E nearly 3 years ago and it's been an absolute joy to drive ever since. Similar upgrade too :thumb:

absolute hero stuff and what a result. must feel like a weapon now!!

I love the bit about a few months of McLaren depreciation and that is so true.

When porsche announced that they were turbo`ing the base models I wondered what sort of power they would get when modded. My thoughts were why would you buy the turbo when you could potentially modify the base model to turbo (ish) power.

Lord Above. 550hp from a 3.0T? That would make it hard to chase you down.

I see that you have new headers (exhaust manifolds) but are you still on the stock turbos, intercoolers, intake? How much boost are you running? And still driveable? Did you get it dyno'd?

I'd love to learn more.

We have done quite a few Carrera T now, but thanks to the OP we had the car a little longer than usual to do a lot more tuning. In fact because it was the first manual car (all the others have been PDK) we have detuned it quite a bit in the midrange to help the clutch.

Stock car made 325whp and now showing around 490whp. Stock 60-130 was 11.7 seconds and with two persons (190kgs total) and full tank we are at 9 seconds (customer will be in the 8.xx range). It is very similar to 996 Turbo (same sort of times).

Turbos are very small (49mm wheels)

This car has full inconel Kline system with manifolds, tuning etc.

We have found out a few tricks on the Carrera T/S/GTS which helps with additional performance but that is our ip and boost strategy again is for us to know.

Intercoolers are in development. Intake is very different on these cars.

Car performance is night and day difference - these cars with right fuel etc can run under 8 seconds 60-130.

Attachments

• vboxdyno_000047_v_060_130mph_carrera_t_final_205.jpg
    vboxdyno_000047_v_060_130mph_carrera_t_final_205.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 5,925
Thanks 9e/996ttalot for sharing. Now I know where to go once I get my 992.

Do you happen to have any graphs showing power and torque?

996ttalot said:
We have done quite a few Carrera T now, but thanks to the OP we had the car a little longer than usual to do a lot more tuning. In fact because it was the first manual car (all the others have been PDK) we have detuned it quite a bit in the midrange to help the clutch.

Stock car made 325whp and now showing around 490whp. Stock 60-130 was 11.7 seconds and with two persons (190kgs total) and full tank we are at 9 seconds (customer will be in the 8.xx range). It is very similar to 996 Turbo (same sort of times).

We have found out a few tricks on the Carrera T/S/GTS which helps with additional performance but that is our ip and boost strategy again is for us to know.

Car performance is night and day difference - these cars with right fuel etc can run under 8 seconds 60-130.

Hmmm, just wondering about the wifes Macan GTS... I think it's 340bhp as is. Another 150 would make it an interesting weapon. Probably do an RS4 from the lights.... Yikes!
How do I do it and not tell her?? :wink:

Norfolk & Idea said:
996ttalot said:

Hmmm, just wondering about the wifes Macan GTS... I think it's 340bhp as is. Another 150 would make it an interesting weapon. Probably do an RS4 from the lights.... Yikes!
Easy, tell her it's going in for a recall on a dodgy flux capacitor and that it needs sorting. When you get it back and she outs her foot down, you can say that it's all down to the updated flux. :grin:
Now go book it in :bandit:

FZP said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
996ttalot said:

Easy, tell her it's going in for a recall on a dodgy flux capacitor and that it needs sorting. When you get it back and she outs her foot down, you can say that it's all down to the updated flux. :grin:

Fiendish! As long as it comes back the same colour she'll never know! :lol:

Norfolk & Idea said:
FZP said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
996ttalot said:

Fiendish! As long as it comes back the same colour she'll never know! :lol:

Silver is always good here :grin: The little woman can't distinguish between different cars if they are silver, medical fact :thumb:

Some more advice from Enfield and chums on this matter....Women know your limits!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2z6unh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT6cB6vMWYU

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back