Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GTS cab - sand beige interior refresh

honzy

Even with extended leather, this is a very hard interior to keep, it is especially difficult to keep scratches off the plastic pieces. The original owner spec'd a large number of options but also made a few questionable choices. It's got extended leather in Sand beige as mentioned - that means all the Alcantara goodies are gone. It's also only spec'd with the regular sports seats, not even the hard back sport seats. Personally, I much prefer a pair of more aggressive seats for the GTS and with black Alcantara, which is the way it was meant to to be. As I was only able to purchase the car second hand, I had to weigh the pros and cons - evenything else, including the price, was a great fit so I overlooked these 'imperfections' at the time of purchase.

Fast forward to present time, the interior is starting to show signs of wear, especially with the dreaded sticky plastic pieces. I finally decide to refresh the interior and added a few finishing touches. The seats were just completed, stay tuned for final pix of the whole interior!

Attachments

• 66b78c1b_79f8_421e_b613_16ffad9d9b15_160.jpeg
    66b78c1b_79f8_421e_b613_16ffad9d9b15_160.jpeg
    325.9 KB · Views: 2,664
Now they look stunning, looking forward to seeing the complete interior :thumbs:

You don't see seats like that every day...

very nice seats , loving the personalised touch :thumb: :thumb:

Always refreshing to see something different. The pattern on those seats suit a cab well IMO. What colour is the exterior?

:eek:

Any reason you went with such a striking pattern? What colour is your car as I just cant see that going with anything.

Rojdog said:

Any reason you went with such a striking pattern? What colour is your car as I just cant see that going with anything.

The exterior is Aqua Blue. The fabric selection and contrast it makes is definitely on the risky side. The final appeal will ultimately be up to personal taste but I sure hope it turns out decent for most to see, especially given it's a cab.

Some painted parts going back today

Attachments

• 065089e5_20c5_4eb0_b4d8_88dd2c47ad6d_887.jpeg
    065089e5_20c5_4eb0_b4d8_88dd2c47ad6d_887.jpeg
    335.2 KB · Views: 2,478
I reckon that's going to look pretty great inside aqua blue!

High expectations the finished article will look extremely classy.

The seat refurbishment is excellent :thumb:

honzy said:
Rojdog said:

The exterior is Aqua Blue. The fabric selection and contrast it makes is definitely on the risky side. The final appeal will ultimately be up to personal taste but I sure hope it turns out decent for most to see, especially given it's a cab.

Some painted parts going back today

The quality of finish looks excellent, I hope it turns out well. As long as you like it that's all that matters. Looking forward to see the finished article.

Each time I come back to this thread those seats are growing on me.....

Would look great in a 991 targa finished in Anthracite Brown... (not sure that was every available but....)

Mike

PS - can't believe that I have just used the word 'brown' in relation to a car colour!

She's finally done! I'm liking it so far and I agree that's most important. Paint and leather matches original tones quite well albeit will need some usage to show same level of wear. Thanks for the comments and following the small project.

Attachments

• e1f49a56_f841_47bd_8892_0522b05fa21a_113.jpeg
    e1f49a56_f841_47bd_8892_0522b05fa21a_113.jpeg
    602.8 KB · Views: 2,353
Wow that's different, got a before and after pic? :worship:

that looks fcuking brilliant and well done!!

love the seat inserts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back