Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Surprisingly Cheap GT3 Splitter

DucatiRob

Mugello
I was at my local OPC today for a service and thought I would check the price of a new splitter to replace my now wrecked one!, £104 +VAT :eek: I asked them to check as I was sure they were not quoting for the right part and even got the parts guy to check again, but they were adamant this was correct! Cup version, shallower than standard with vents from Motorsport dept, so ordered one on the spot!

Still a little wary of what I might of ordered, will probably end up with a wiper blade or something knowing my luck, but should be here in 10 days so will report back!

Often the case with some of the motorsport parts - cheaper than expected is good though!.

The cup version on a GT3 is deeper and looks like its made from recycled bin lids, but yes cheaper

kas750 said:
The cup version on a GT3 is deeper and looks like its made from recycled bin lids, but yes cheaper

I was told it was the shallower version, but will see when it tuns up!

Is yours a track car? I wouldn't really go for the Cup splitter for a road car, it's lower than the standard GT3 splitter. Better off spending more for the standard item. Interested to know how you do though. Subscribed :thumb:

Roro said:
Is yours a track car? I wouldn't really go for the Cup splitter for a road car, it's lower than the standard GT3 splitter. Better off spending more for the standard item. Interested to know how you do though. Subscribed :thumb:

No, not a track car! For the money, I think it's worth a punt, I was going to buy a standard one and shape it a little, maybe wrap it too, not a great finish on any of them so don't mind seeing what I can do with it!

The cup lip is about 20mm deeper therefore less clearance. I run 1 on mine and normally chew through 2 a year. Lately I've been trimming them down a touch with a dremel and home made jig to take about 10mm off does help with clearance. They are a MS part so quality isn't high on there agenda but a bit of back to back can make a cosmetic improvement.

Link is the part you ordered

https://www.fvd.net/us-en/FVD505997LIP/front-lip-spoiler-9971-gt3-cup-with-air-ducts.html

Rob, the cup one is deeper, it also has a more pronounced lip on the corners , similar looking to the aftermarket one that was on your car at Dinslaken but will probably fit better as its OE .but as you say for £100 ish worth a try

there seem to be three lips for the GT/Aero front bumper

The std GT3/Aero one

the cup one with air ducts like you have ordered

a cup one with no air ducts.

I am not sure if both the cup ones are the same depth as each other but they are both deeper than the GT/aero one.

Phil 997 said:
Rob, the cup one is deeper, it also has a more pronounced lip on the corners , similar looking to the aftermarket one that was on your car at Dinslaken but will probably fit better as its OE .but as you say for £100 ish worth a try

there seem to be three lips for the GT/Aero front bumper

The std GT3/Aero one

the cup one with air ducts like you have ordered

a cup one with no air ducts.

I am not sure if both the cup ones are the same depth as each other but they are both deeper than the GT/aero one.

The only difference between the 2 cup lips is the air ducts the depth is the same, I've used both over the years

Cheers chaps :thumb: I'm sure you are right, they did assure me that it was the shallower lip, but I'm not convinced! The one on the fvd site looks pretty much the same as the one I have on at the moment, so I am happy to see how I can shape it a little so it's a little less scrapey over speed bumps. The Ohlins will lower the car by a minimum of 20mm so I think I will see what a 15mm trim at the front will look like!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back