Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Split pipe - does this require attention?

hornet

Whilst following DeMort's recommendation on hood maintenance I saw the top of my engine for the first time and noticed that two pipes running accross the top a small split in what i assume is the insulation.

Being a complete idiot on anything mechanical I wondered if this needs fixing or whether I can just leave it alone. It could have been like this for years for all I know.

Any thoughts welcome.

Attachments

• img_3205_965.jpg
    img_3205_965.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,403
Can't really tell from the picture but is this just the foam insulation or the actual rubber of the pipe. If foam I would say there is no problem, if the pipe I would get it looked at or at least protect it with something more substantial.
I guess its just rubbing on an edge above it, could you not protect the edge of whatever is causing this?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back