Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche tequipement carbon fibre steering wheel value

NedHan79

As it says above basically. I've just fitted an aftermarket steering wheel and I'm thinking of putting my genuine wheel up for sale. Problem is that I have no idea what it's worth as I'm relatively new to the Porsche scene and I can't seem to find any others for sale.

It's a four spoke black leather wheel with the carbon on the top and bottom. It's in very good condition except for a mark in the leather on each side where the screws go in to hold the air bag. The air bags included obviously. The carbons in first class condition, no scratches etc.

Due to reasons I can't figure out, I can't post pictures on here due to picture size or something. Sometimes I can, but generally not. I'll give it a go though

Attachments

• e76feff9_0965_4d3e_b7ae_8735f829a942_135.jpeg
    e76feff9_0965_4d3e_b7ae_8735f829a942_135.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,921
Different angle

Attachments

• d999683d_eb6b_4be4_998e_8a4c9ab0cd35_603.jpeg
    d999683d_eb6b_4be4_998e_8a4c9ab0cd35_603.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,921
Lights not great to show it off

Attachments

• b2e3b529_ce0b_4368_9a27_543c5e92e32a_177.jpeg
    b2e3b529_ce0b_4368_9a27_543c5e92e32a_177.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,920
Overall very good condition

Attachments

• c9298fec_c5dd_4773_9763_09e65882d533_201.jpeg
    c9298fec_c5dd_4773_9763_09e65882d533_201.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,918
I suspect it's worth a lot to the right person, but finding them is going to be the challenge.

If it were the three spoke I suspect the market would be larger.

I'd say if it was 3 spoke I might have kept it. I just fancied a suade omp wheel. That's the only real reason for changing.

There's not much point in putting it up for sale as I've no idea how to price it

Dammit said:
I suspect it's worth a lot to the right person, but finding them is going to be the challenge.

If it were the three spoke I suspect the market would be larger.

:yeah:

For - Rare option carbon fibre.

Against - it's the ugly 4 spoker and whilst the carbon was a rare option, how many people would want it today is anyone's guess.
I'd box it up and store it, as it's part of your cars original spec I'm guessing. The next buyer may well want to be able to revert to factory spec.

Failing that, eBay is the decider. :thumb:

I'm not sure it was in the car originally but it's nice to have. Like it says above, they're stupendous money new and it's in perfect condition. I also have the carbon and alloy gear stick and handbrake to match.

I would sell it if I thought I could put the money into re-bushing the suspension or somewhere that I could really appreciate it.

On the plus side marky, I got the omp in today. Horn bought from bellavalonte but no sign of it yet

Attachments

• f7137369_00f9_47e4_8e14_800bfd6ebbdb_101.jpeg
    f7137369_00f9_47e4_8e14_800bfd6ebbdb_101.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,833
I would be tempted to keep it, if it was original spec (I think that would show on the build-sheet (on Frunk lid) - that shows the codes that say what options were on your car)....I doubt you will get that much for it.

As an aside, I love the OMP steering wheels, however losing the benefit of airbag always puts me off. So will probably just get mine thickened by Jack at Royal.....but will never look as good as a proper racing steering wheel.

NedHan79 said:
I'm not sure it was in the car originally but it's nice to have. Like it says above, they're stupendous money new and it's in perfect condition. I also have the carbon and alloy gear stick and handbrake to match.

I would sell it if I thought I could put the money into re-bushing the suspension or somewhere that I could really appreciate it.

On the plus side marky, I got the omp in today. Horn bought from bellavalonte but no sign of it yet

Looking good Ned. :thumb:

I don't worry about the airbag. I grew up riding motorbikes though and cars with no airbags. What will be, will be.

The sticker has been peeled off for some reason. The remnants of it are still there. No sign of it on the list in the handbook. I do have receipts for interior parts in my history so it's possibly part of that

Marky911 said:
NedHan79 said:

Looking good Ned. :thumb:

I don't worry about the airbag. I grew up riding motorbikes though and cars with no airbags. What will be, will be.

Same here marky. I've bent a few yokes without them.
Always lucky I never came off a road bike. A few 'soft" bumps on the moto x though

I'd just keep it, it's not massive so not taking up space :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back