Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GTS - worth the premium?

996Jane

I'm currently looking for a 997.2 C4S as my daily driver, with the odd track day use for my other half, but keep being drawn to the GTS.

Is it worth the premium? Is it still usable as a commuter car (albeit only 25 miles a day on country roads)? Desirable enough to make resale easy?

Regardless of the one we choose, it will be PDK & 4wd, if that makes a difference.

Decisions, decisions...

Cheers
Jane

i think so. more than half way to a GT3 in terms of pace but very usable on our roads.

they hold their value, have some really nice toys and spec on them and drive so well.

I would go for the C2 version if I were you and manual with the alacantara pack. its still wide body as a GTS which is rare to have wide body 2wd. I think only the Gt2 has that.

super super cars and stretch to one if you can.

I'd have one in a heartbeat. When you add it up, the current price difference seems to be roughly the cost of adding the parts that make a GTS what it is, give or take.
The only thing is you either have the choice of white, black or grey for the most part and I've had it up to the back wheels with grey cars in my world. There was a yellow one about 18 months ago at OPC Sheffield in Speed Yellow. That would have been the one for me

If you can find one I would do it. You will have no issues with resale.

Must be honest I am not totally sure what makes a 997 GTS a 997 GTS with regards the differences between a 997 S or 4S?

Yeah I know its a daft question
:oops: :oops:

997 S (2wd) does not have the wider body, only the 4s does.

GTS has the wider body, centre lock wheels, more power , as well as some nice interior options as standard.

considering they were about £70k new and still trading for £60-65k depending on mileage I would say money well spent.

from Wiki:

997 Carrera GTS (2010)
In 2011, Porsche launched a new, mid-level 911 coming in above the Carrera and below the GT3. Ranging from $103,100 to $112,900 USD, the Carrera GTS was available as both a coupé and cabriolet, the car gets a wider body and track – the only Carrera variant with a wide track that is also rear wheel drive.

The car also has an upgraded 3.8-litre engine generating a maximum power output of 413 metric horsepower (304 kW).[33] The Carrera 4 GTS equipped with all-wheel-drive was unveiled in May, 2011. In addition to the AWD system, the Carrera 4 GTS can be identified by a distinct reflective stripe between the tail lights

good link here: https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/porsche/porsche-911-carrera-gts-2010-review/

Useful link that thanks :wink:

I own a 997.1 GT3 and a 997.2 3.6. Having driven the GTS they are slightly more powerful and beautifully speced car but the character has much more in common with the non GT cars.

They are a real sweet spot when it comes to being something nice to use every day or at the weekend.

GTS is worth the premium
and they also retain that premium

A mate of mine may be selling his shortly

2011 White GTS 4WD with black centre locks and GT3 body kit (factory option)

I think the mileage is around 34k miles

Would this be of interest?

Bikeracer1098 said:

Yes it would be of interest, please keep me posted. Thank you

Bikeracer1098 said:

Hi, is it PDK? If so, it might be although I'm not generally a fan of body kits so would have to see pics. Does it have a Porsche Warranty on it?

Thanks

Jane

Thanks everyone - looks like it might be worth trying to hunt one down then 👍

Specifically because you're looking for 4wd and PDK, if a) you can afford the GTS and b) care about the spec, I'd argue it can be much easier to find your "right spec" in a GTS than a 4S.

Someone might correct me if I'm wrong but technically speaking, you could have ordered a 997.2 4S in the exact same spec as a GTS if you so wanted (extra power included), just not sure if they offered the alcantara trim which to be honest many GTS owners specced back out to leather anyway. However, finding a 4S with such spec is probably very difficult, whereas there are tons of GTSs out there.

Good summation of the situation. GTS is a parts bin special, but all the parts you would actually want. I may be wrong but if you specced up a 4S to a GTS spec it worked out cheaper to by the GTS,
I see Hexagon still have a few at silly prices

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back