Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New windscreen wipers

ClassicSug

My car needs new wipers as the current ones leave smears on the screen.
I've looked on-line for new Bosch units.
The ones I've seen don't have an aerofoil on the driver's side blade unit.
Is this because the one on the old unit detaches to be transferred to the new one, or because it's a different design?

But if I were you I'd get the newer style floppy ones. Makes the car look much fresher.

Hi Classic,

I suggest you give PIAA wipers a try. I have used them for 10 years on my Porsche and are fantastic. They are silicone impregnated so water resistant and wipe the screen without smears and wthout noise or skipping.

A bit expensive, but last for ages. I don't have them on my daily driver as it is a new car, but the wipers on it are no better and often worse.

I notice they are advertised on Amazon. Look out for the curved blade for the passenger side.

Magic919 said:
The Bosch 582S set are the ones.

+1 with the curved passenger blade very very cheap on CP4L with he codes they have.

I never got on with PIAA they went in the bin, all smeary - but maybe its because I rarely wash my car, or maybe the screen wash I used YMMV.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back