Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

4.0 Mezger Turbo

sim996

Forged Bored and stroked 4.0 Mezger, currently at Fearnsport. 996 casings.

Alpha 3076 Turbos (xona rota)
Big bore manifolds
Injectors to suit
Rebuilt, ported and pressure tested heads
LA Liners
Genuine porsche bearings throughout
CP Pistons
Crower Billet crank +4mm
Crower I Beam Rods (standard length)
New oil pump with clearance
82mm SRM Plenum
GT3RS 82mm Throttle Body
12mm Studs with inserts in casings
Every Gasket and screw replaced
All new hoses
New Power steering pump
All coolant lines welded
Professionally assembled and all tolerances checked
Many receipts and new parts (chain tensioners, water pump, oil cooler etc, etc)

£NLFS. Remember, I don't want your old engine, so you can instantly take 10k off this price. And the price includes turbos.

Total spent to get it to where it is: £32k+

Reason i'm selling, like any decent project, its taken too long and i've lost interest, i don't get much time at home and i'm working all the time, plan is to sell everything and buy one nearly new car. 2019 wont see me with much time this year.

I'm not expecting this to sell quickly - might even finish it if i cant sell.

Is there warranty with it having spent £18k? Whats needs doing to finish it or have I misunderstood?

IMI A said:
Is there warranty with it having spent £18k? Whats needs doing to finish it or have I misunderstood?

Needs fuel rails, other than that it's good to go. All built.

I've never spoken to Matt about warranty, I guess like any build it's either parts or workmanship, no one on here would doubt Matt's work. All parts are new.

Great build,
what is the expected power from this set-up?

Build pics

LzaPWib.jpg

eLvZqbC.jpg

ELLsWNm.jpg

jdJuoxk.jpg

dwz01Ju.jpg

Pics from Nov 2017. Was waiting for Turbos from tial at the time. They are brand new xona rotas with top gear headers, milltek couldn't supply. Should be a bit further on, if not I'll get the turbos fitted and the inlets on. Haven't been down for a while!

SONqGuE.jpg

412E9w8.jpg

I know 18k is a lot of money, but these engines arent cheap to build. It's half what I've spent. The power steering pump was over £500, oil cooler £400, main bearings I think £600, all new valves and lifters, springs, chains, etc..

bennyy said:
Great build,
what is the expected power from this set-up?

Turbos are good for 1000hp. There's a bit more capacity to spin them up too.

Just looking at the pics gives me a bit more enthusiasm for it..

I may or probably am being a bit dense but will it fit both 996 and 997's more from a DME/communication point of view?

Sorry if it's a stupid question

Turbojim997 said:
I may or probably am being a bit dense but will it fit both 996 and 997's more from a DME/communication point of view?

Sorry if it's a stupid question

I don't know. Is it the same variocam system and sensors? I'm sure it could be adapted, the main difference would be the 997 plenum and inlet configuration, but I know people use them on 996's, but you'd need an expert's opinion on what might need adapting.

Super deal for someone considering how much you can spend building a forged engine. Someone will need an engine soon.

996 and 997 turbo engines are interchangeable - they're virtually exactly the same. 0-300kph in circa 20 secs or faster with the right tune with that engine.

GLWTS 8)

Bargain for somebody there.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back