Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Battery Dead - Bonnet wont open!

MAZI

My 997.2 Carrera S has a dead battery.
Opened the fuse cover beside throttle pedal to have a fumble because google told me to.
Found a yellow tab with bonnet symbol on it which i think would have a positive terminal behind it?
Tried pulling it out with the fuse puller and just pushed it right in.
What is the correct procedure or will I have to call the AA like right noob/knob?

Happened to me a couple of weeks ago.

Removed the fuse box cover pulled the little peg out as you suggested (sticks out about an inch) put the positive clamp from my battery box on the peg, negative on the door hinge and bobs your uncle.

The little peg has pushed right in.
Shite system!! Why not just have a mechanical release?
I will take a pair of longnose pliers and see if I can prise it out

MAZI said:

Someone far more clevert than me will come along to confirm this but i'm sure on my car I saw a wire cable bonnet release behind the wheel arch liner on the near side front...

Milo72 said:
MAZI said:

Someone far more clevert than me will come along to confirm this but i'm sure on my car I saw a wire cable bonnet release behind the wheel arch liner on the near side front...

I believe that is the release for the fuel filler cover.

Myasinax said:
Milo72 said:
MAZI said:

I believe that is the release for the fuel filler cover.

The release for the fuel filler cover is at the base of the A pillar in the off side door jamb.

OP - have a read through this;

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=56267&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

if its the same as a 996, you can connect up a 9volt Duracell battery to the terminal in the fuse box, this will provide sufficient power for the front bonnet release to work

Whele said:
if its the same as a 996, you can connect up a 9volt Duracell battery to the terminal in the fuse box, this will provide sufficient power for the front bonnet release to work

OK you may well be correct, BUT have you seen the explosion that happens when you accidentally short out a 9V battery? NOT something I would try. Hot strong alkali in your eyes is not something you should aspire to. :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back