Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Simply Porsche, Beaulieu

SGH

Is there likely to be another run from Rownhams Services to Simply Porsche Beaulieu event on 2nd June this year.

Just bought our entry tickets :lol:

Definitely mate, It will be interesting to hear what others think , personally I think the meet at Rownhams and leave rownhams times were good and a nice run to Simply getting us there at a decent time.

I know it then went pear shaped with some taking 1.5 hours to get in the gate. but this was down to a misjudgement by the organisers on staff needed and access , as everyone descended on them at the same time and trying to get 1500 cars through 1 gate in 2 lanes in 1 hour became a nightmare for them . :grin: :grin:

But the organisers are very on the ball and have realised that as it has become one of the biggest Porsche events in Europe and as many are enjoying group convoys that it is likely that they will get large groups arriving together , 2018 there were 100 cars just in our group arriving together.

I have heard they are looking at options to make access better this year,
whether thats multiple entry points or separate entry points for prepaid or organised groups or just asking the groups to arrive at given time slots, ,which of these they will have for this year they haven't said yet.

I dont know what they are planning at the moment but as one of the event organisers is a member on here, I am sure they will let us know in due course and they I am sure will be aware that we are going to plan a meet at rownhams then convoy.

So I suggest at this point if we want to start a thread so we can get an idea of numbers thats great ,but dont plan a meet time , leave time or arrival at Simply time just yet, until we know if we are going to have a time slot or multiple entry or organised group separate entry.

Hope that sound ok as a provisional plan. :thumb: :thumb:

Unless anyone else wants it this year ,I will have a horn at Rownhams :grin: :grin:

Great if this is the start thread, in which case .

Add an (R) if you plan to meet up at Rownhams services on the way there.

Assume Leaving Rownhams by 8.00ish
So suggest we say meeting anytime from 7.00 up to 8.00
SOUTHBOUND SIDE

1/ SGH (R)
2/ Phil 997 (R)
3/
4/
5/
6/

SGH said:
:thumb:

Yes I think we got there early enough to miss the worst of the holdups.

agreed and plenty of time for a coffee and chat watching the guys arrive at Rownhams as well :thumb:

Always a great event, but will wait and see about organisers approach to entry first this time. Plus it's the day after the champions league final so might be in madrid :floor:

G2 said:
Always a great event, but will wait and see about organisers approach to entry first this time. :floor:

With you on this one - I am keeping the date free in the diary but don't want to spend 90 mins sitting in a queue....

mikeluke said:
G2 said:
Always a great event, but will wait and see about organisers approach to entry first this time. :floor:

With you on this one - I am keeping the date free in the diary but don't want to spend 90 mins sitting in a queue....

It's always the payment/ticket check at any event that causes delays once events grow. I had an e-ticket on my phone last year but the staff only had one reader machine for the two queues...and the person with it was in a different part of the queue. The organisers do mention a second entrance On the website :thumb:

1/ SGH (R)
2/ Phil 997 (R)
3/ BHZ661 (R)
4/
5/
6/[/quote]

G2 said:
Always a great event, but will wait and see about organisers approach to entry first this time. Plus it's the day after the champions league final so might be in madrid :floor:

Id book for Beaulieu :thumb:

spongebob squarepants said:
G2 said:

Id book for Beaulieu :thumb:

:floor:

My missus is going out tomorrow to get a year planner so she can mark all the days she won't see me over the summer (and she said something about signing up to Ashley Madison too....)

Anyway, count me in!

1/ SGH (R)
2/ Phil 997 (R)
3/ BHZ661 (R)
4/ Squelch (R)
5/
6/

Do we also need to start a curry thread for Bournemouth the night before?
Was great last time!

Lads

Great to see a thread started for Simply Porsche in January, :thumb:

We acknowledged on the day that last year could have been better. A 40%+ increase on the previous years attendance and everyone arriving at the same time before the gates opened did not help. We also had significantly more cars in each of the dedicated areas than advised. ie 100 registered for 911UK and nearly 150 cars on the day, similar uplift for PCGB, Boxster Net etc, etc.

We have a meeting at Beaulieu a week on Friday and I will come back to you with a difinative plan, which will probably include:-
Pre Payment
Two Entry Points
Early access for Club/Organisations Pre-Payment Only

I will be in touch soon, cheers lads.

Many thanks! Now.... if you could just arrange to sneak us all in early and have the bacon sarnies on, that would be perfect!

:)

1/ SGH (R)
2/ Phil 997 (R)
3/ BHZ661 (R)
4/ Squelch (R)
5/ Fast Bug (R)
6/

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member