Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nextbase hardwire help

Rr1

Purchased the nextbase 513gb and the hard wire kit.

Having trouble with the power. I have tried the piggy back fuse adapter in the F8 (12v) and F10 (cigarette lighter) and both maintain the power to their locations but no power to the cam??? Went back to Halfrauds and tried a different kit to make sure it wasn't faulty but same outcome. I assumed the cigarette fuse slot would be right as it uses the power from there on the normal wire?

Any suggestions?

What car do you have ?

You have given the camera a feed but is there a seperate earth you need to connect ?

Do you have any pictures of the wiring or install instructions you can post ?

i dont know this specific item but it seems it only needs a 12 volt and an earth so far .

It's a 997 and I think I have done it

I have used the 7.5 fuse which is for the 12v point in the passenger footwell. Seems to be ok and as it has the shut off built in it won't drain the battery to a point that causes an issue

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back