Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Terrible rattling from interior on GTS

k11pol

Hi,
I'm having some really bad vibration rattling from my passenger door. If I press against the carbon trim around the door handle it disappears but straight back as soon as I let go, It makes for a very frustrating drive. Ithought there might be something loose needing clipped back into place but it all looks fine, anyone have any ideas how to get rid of this ? Is this a warranty issue ?

Coincidentally the speaker on the same door is terrible for interference I wander if there's a connection between the two.

Has the parssenger window been replaced at some point?

I've no idea , I bought it about 3 months ago so maybe previous to my ownership.

Just a theory in the abscence of anything else. If the glass had indeed been smashed or broken in the past some of the fragments may have slipped into the door.
Happened to me many years ago, albeit in a different car. Very annoying.

Whatever it is I hope you manage to get it sorted.

Check the markings on all the glass and compare. This should give you a good idea if it has been changed.
:thumb:

If the door panel has been removed in the past then there are some hooks with a rubber bush on them .. if one of these falls out or ends up in the wrong place the door will rattle like a bitch .

There are a couple of plastic parts that can also cause noises .. both require the door card to be removed .

It certainly used to be covered by the Porsche warrenty .. cant say 100% these days but a rule of thumb is .. if it is something that has broken due to a mechanical or a material defect then its covered .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back