Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC warranty transfer

alpinaman

Just bought a 981 Cayman with 12 month OPC warranty remaining.

I have looked through the policy booklet and it says that if the vehicle is sold to a private person,Which i am then the warranty simply transfers with the car.

I rang my local dealer Porsche Wilmslow to make sure and ask advice.

They said,i wil have to apply to Porsche to get my name changed onto the warranty documents,but i also need the last owner to sign a piece of paper to that affect ?? I was told that all these details are in the policy booklet.

I have read the booklet end to end and cant find anything that mentions anything like this,or address to send any documents too ??

I will have a drive over to Wilmslow with my paperwork to see what they say and point me in the right direction,but in the meantime has anybody been in similar situation and what was the outcome?

Many thanks

A transfer card is available at all OPCs. It only requires the information you've just stated.

Within the policy documentation it's just a piece of paper.

T8 said:
A transfer card is available at all OPCs. It only requires the information you've just stated.

Within the policy documentation it's just a piece of paper.

I've just checked my records and the card required basic details about the car and contact details for me. The previous owner just needed to sign and date it.

I can't see anything about transferring it in my most recent policy documentation but I know for a fact that transfer between private owners is still possible.

Hmmm...

I have found the change of ownership form that it in the back of the book.

I thought all the policy details were in the A4 sized documentation that i have.

Cheers chaps.

alpinaman said:
Congratulations on your new car. :thumb:

Health to enjoy. :D

alpinaman said:

I have looked through the policy booklet and it says that if the vehicle is sold to a private person,Which i am then the warranty simply transfers with the car.

They said,i wil have to apply to Porsche to get my name changed onto the warranty documents,but i also need the last owner to sign a piece of paper to that affect ?? I was told that all these details are in the policy booklet.

I have read the booklet end to end and cant find anything that mentions anything like this,or address to send any documents too ??

I will have a drive over to Wilmslow with my paperwork to see what they say and point me in the right direction,but in the meantime has anybody been in similar situation and what was the outcome?

Many thanks

Alls I've done on several occasions (at OPC Wilmslow) is just gone in and said I'm the new owner, and it's all happened automatically :thumb:

spongebob squarepants said:
alpinaman said:

Many thanks

Alls I've done on several occasions (at OPC Wilmslow) is just gone in and said I'm the new owner, and it's all happened automatically :thumb:

Really!!

ok..... Thats the first thing to do then..

I will just pop over later in the week and see what they say.

spongebob squarepants said:

:agree:

Written transfer was a requirement in the past, but nowadays warranty is fixed to the vehicle. Just pop in to your OPC with proof of ownership and they will sort it out.

Enjoy the ride!

Many thanks...

I popped into OPC but they said send off the last page of the booklet.

I have done that now,so will go from there. :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back