Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM 1 no sound from front right speaker when using cd change

ftored

Hello guys!
Merry Xmas and all the best!

I am facing the weirdest of issues. I ve bought a C4S in October and I had noticed thag when using the cd-changer function i get no sound from front right speaker. When using radio it is working properly!
I have the bose system but non-most.

Any ideas on what can it be the issue?
Thought that maybe a connection from cd change has gone bad so i found the wiring diagram below
I tried using the following diagram but i cannot make sense what is the output of the cd changer. Also i see this LF right and LF left which i donot make sense. Tgought LF was for left front!

Attachments

• radiowiring_425.png
    radiowiring_425.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,230
The wiring ypu have highlighted is from the stereo to the amplifier. This has 4 channels. The wiring from the cd changer to the stereo is on the left and has two channels. CDs have two channels of audio, it is the stereo which is converting this to 4 channels snd sending it on to the amp and then the speakers.

I would first check balance and fader settings on the stereo, obvious I know but they could be different on different sources for the stereo. If the other three channels are working and all four work on other sources it points towards the stereo to me. You could disconnect the outputs from the cd changer and swap them over just to check what happens. I am not sure what the stereo does with the two channel audio to generate the rear channels.

MC

MisterCorn said:
The wiring ypu have highlighted is from the stereo to the amplifier. This has 4 channels. The wiring from the cd changer to the stereo is on the left and has two channels. CDs have two channels of audio, it is the stereo which is converting this to 4 channels snd sending it on to the amp and then the speakers.

I would first check balance and fader settings on the stereo, obvious I know but they could be different on different sources for the stereo. If the other three channels are working and all four work on other sources it points towards the stereo to me. You could disconnect the outputs from the cd changer and swap them over just to check what happens. I am not sure what the stereo does with the two channel audio to generate the rear channels.

MC

Thank you for your suggestion! The highlighted part was already in the image from where i got it! I have tested the different settings on stereo but they seem to be ok.
It is a mystery as well on how this conversion is done. I ll try to swap them over and see what happens then!

There are left and right channel connections at the CD player (RCA plugs) and the head unit (unsure on PCM but I'd bet on mini-ISO).

I'd check the plugs at the CD changer (very easy), then the pins in the head unit (slightly harder as it involves pulling the HU), then continuity of the L/R cables.

If there is nothing wrong with the cables then I'd try a different CD player (I have a spare you are welcome to try).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back