Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fitting an Alpine ILX700

quiet around here ...

Mine has Bose too. You need a few extra bits. I'll dig out my parts list tomorrow.. Are you near Wandsworth by any chance? I can recommend someone who'll do it for you (including the bit rigging it to your handbrake etc).

Attachments

• 5196b081_ea9d_4655_b77f_0414a1758867_920.jpeg
    5196b081_ea9d_4655_b77f_0414a1758867_920.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 4,499
Thank you BK911. Wandsworth isn't too far away, though I'd like to see how involved it is, as I like working on my car. If it's too complicated I'll outsource it.

https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/

Definitely talk to these guys. Professional and knowledgeable. Only charged me about £130 plus parts. I need to hunt through my paperwork to find the list of bits. They stock everything you need. It took them about 2.5 hours to fit it. It's complicated.. you'll need that wiring harness that links to the Bose specifically and I needed to relocate my heating and ventilation controls so bought a new dash console adapter (plastic match is almost 100%).

Will find the list later today😉

BK911 -
The potential issue I have is that the PCM may or may not be MOST, network which uses fibre optic cables. The quickest way is to pull the existing PCM out and see. I've found some videos on youtube that describes how to take the PCM out. I found this one useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AU_di9BzIQ

UK996, I think the MOST change occurred with the facelift so a pre-facelift is non-MOST.

Mike

Duplicate post, sorry

Hmm mine has the glovebox and the cupholders, the turbo or mk2 headlights, so that means it has the MOST system?

Is it a 3.6? Does it have the later headlights etc?

2002 911 turbo. All turbos had the same headlights.
This was the time of the 996.2 which adopted the turbo headlights and gained the glovebox.

I need to find some time to pull the PCM out to take a look which would settle this.

Sorry, didn't see that you have a turbo...

Hi BK
Sorry for jumping in - hope you don't mind but wondered if you might have the make and part number of the head unit surround in your picture perhaps please? The one I have has a lip/curve outwards at one end and a curve inwards at the other. the curve inwards is ok at the bottom but the top doesn't look right below the cup holders and yours is much better 8)

Hope you don't mind me jumping in and thanks in advance

Cheers
simon

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back